• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps java not recognized

gopster

Lurker
Apr 14, 2012
hi guys!

I am getting started with Android development and bumped into a roadblock today. I am setting up my Windows 7 64-bit desktop as the dev environment. I installed Java SE Development Kit 6 Update 31 (64 bit) from the Oracle site. After installation, In command prompt when I entered 'java', it gave the response :

C:\Users\gopster>java
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:C:\PROGRA~2\HP\QUICKT~1\
bin\JAVA_S~1\classes;C:\PROGRA~2\HP\QUICKT~1\bin\JAVA_S~1\classes\jasmine.jar
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not find agent library jvmhook on the library path, with error: %1 is not
a valid Win32 application

I thought the env variable PATH was incorrect and I promptly changed it to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_31\bin. However this did not work as well. I did a uninstall and a reinstall, still did not work.

Besides this, Eclipse 3.6 (64 bit) would not load and threw an error saying that it could not detect the jvm. I am suspecting these errors are related?

Any suggestions? Would the problem lie in the CLASSPATH or _JAVA_OPTIONS variables?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones