Jawbone Icon A2DP added

Last Updated:

1. Darbley77

Darbley77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hope this helps some of you guys that have this.

On Mytalk, on the Jawbone site, they just added A2DP software that can be downloaded to replace the voice dial app.

"A2DP allows you to listen to music and podcasts, or even hear turn-by-turn directions through your Jawbone ICON. "

"A2DP lets you use your Jawbone ICON to listen to music, podcasts, turn-by-turn navigation and other audio. You can listen to your favorite song, and next switch seamlessly to answer an incoming call.

Note: Your phone must support A2DP. This current version of A2DP is optimized for the following phones:
    • iPhone 3G and 3GS
    • Blackberry Bold, Curve, and Tour
    • Motorola Droid
    • Google Nexus One
    • Palm Pre and Pixi
    • Samsung Impression and Solstice
    • LG enVTouch and enV3
    Unexpected issues may occur with other phones. If this happens, please contact us so we can improve your experience. Note you can always go back to the Jawbone Default Software.
    To get A2DP working on your phone, you will need to remove your Jawbone ICON from your Bluetooth settings, then re-pair."

Advertisement
    03 bgibson likes this.
  2. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if anyone had bothered to read my Icon thread from a few days ago, they would have seen this update.
    :(

3. Darbley77

Useful information. Thanks.
    :rolleyes:

4. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

So you are saying this is a mono A2DP headset?

5. Darbley77

Yep, that is correct.

6. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

Okay, which model will work with this because I'm actually looking to getting new bluetooth.. I have stereo but I need a mono for phone calls etc.. If someone could help me find out that'd be great.

7. Darbley77

8. Haywire

How is it for call quality? The droids the best soundit phone I've owned and I don't want the headset I buy to ruin that

9. Darbley77

I can only speak for my experiences but the quality on the ear piece is as good or better than it is on the phone. Plus it has great noise canceling abilities.

10. Haywire

Yeah I've heard Jawbone is good for that but I didnt want to be buying in on hype. The fact that I can have music and nav going through it is what will make me decide to get this one.. I was thinking of the plantronics one, but I dont think it can do this. To be able to have nav in my ear is great because well sometimes I play my radio loud.. Lol.

11. Darbley77

The Plantronics doesn't do it. I also have a 975 that I gave my wife when I got the Icon. The Icon is better IMO but the 975 is a very close second. The Icon allows people to hear me much better since the noise assassin works so well. Its the one bluetooth I have bought that I dont regret ..... plus the added A2DP is GREAT!!! :D

12. kokiangel

I just picked it up today. I had a mono headset once before that was A2DP capable and loved it but it was a low end set and has also been discontinued. This is great! I can hardly wait to start listening to my audio books at work again. So much easier to stop and answer the work phone with one ear already free.

13. Darbley77

Remember, to get A2DP on it you have to download it to the earpiece on Mytalk Link: MyTALK Personalize & Update Your Jawbone ICON It just takes a few minutes to sign up and it gives you a lot of additional options on the phone.

14. kokiangel

Been there, done that. First thing. Checked it out and it works like a charm. I am so happy!

15. Haywire

Thats one question I ment to ask. When I pick mine up how do I go about installing the update from the site? I'm assuming it will tell me to download some sort of software and then it will transfer it to the headset via the usb? I dont plan on using it till I do this update.

16. kokiangel

There is an updater that you download first and then you sign in to MyTalk to update your headset with new apps. There are several to choose from including A2DP. Once you have chosen your "voice", your audio app and your dial app, you click on the sync button at the top of the page and it syncs everything to your headset. Takes about 5 minutes. Then you re-pair it with your phone and you are good to go.

17. DjOutlaw32

DjOutlaw32 Well-Known Member

I read your post man, sorry it had to be this way though.

18. thegadgetguroo

thegadgetguroo Well-Known Member

Is it my understanding that there is an app for this headset that will allow voice dialing?

19. inssane

Glad you were more informative, even if sarcastic.

20. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

This might actually be worth it to install the Jawbone updater / MyTalk. The rest of the other apps, customizations, etc weren't enough for me to really waste the time for installation.

The best bluetooth headset I have ever owned just got a little bit better...

Will notifications also be heard through the earpiece as well (text, email, etc)?

21. kokiangel

Notifications are not heard through mine but it may just be the apps I have chosen. I love the A2DP though. Only reason I bought the headset.

22. inssane

Most of them NO. I haven't heard text/email notifications in the BT, but the "clicks" I have set for the car dock I can hear.
    Navigation YES - Internet Radio YES - Caller ID is read - MP3s YES

That's all I can think of. The navigation is enough for me to get excited. I hate when I am on the phone and she screams the next set of directions.

The "Bombshell" voice is sexy to hear on a regular basis, that one is worth the DL.

23. inssane

Not on the Droid unfortunately. There is alot of reading on it here if you search.
    I tried because I wanted to and no dice.

24. inssane

At least someone read it. LOL
    :eek:

25. Darbley77