JB 4.1.1 Released in UKGeneral

1. swede54

swede54 Member

• Turned on my Note 10.1 this morning and the JB 4.1.1 downloaded.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

Received mine in Malaysia about lunch time today too. :)
  3. toby53

toby53 Member

Just updated via Kies ( UK ), now any idea whats new?
  4. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

Nothing yet for the USA.
  5. ikbenlara

ikbenlara Member

And the rest of Europe?
    I'm a first time android or Samsung user, since a week. So I don't even know what KIES is. (What a peculiar name)

Where would/will I find updates?
  6. BlackDog24

BlackDog24 Member

7. Phoenix1974

Phoenix1974 Well-Known Member

Can i ask you all if you have the 3g version or wifi only as I'd heard they weren't updating the wifi only version and that's what i have, don't want to get my hopes up and trying it lol
  8. JohnB47

JohnB47 Well-Known Member

Just tried updating and got a message saying that updates are done in the order requested and to try later.

Not sure what that means but I'm not sweating.

I have the Wi-Fi version.
    Phoenix1974 likes this.
  9. Phoenix1974

Phoenix1974 Well-Known Member

I took the plunge and checked for updates and woohoo, i now have Jellybean. It doesn't seem that different though? In fact, I've not found a difference yet.
  10. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You have not looked close enough. Watch the official presentation video to lear about all the tricks in JB, oads of them out there.
  11. swede54

swede54 Member

I've got the Wifi only version and the download started automatically.
  12. devlin316

devlin316 Member

Swede54, how did you set up your tablet to automatically start the download? I also have the WiFi version and I have to manually check for software updates?
  13. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

There is a setting for auto update, but the updates are staggered when rolled out so the servers aren't downloaded. I already have JB, nice to have an update, but I don't know what all the fuss has been about.
  14. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

You should get an update very soon.
  15. ikbenlara

ikbenlara Member

16. toby53

toby53 Member

I got the wifi one, Kies flagged the update when I connected the unit.
  17. swede54

swede54 Member

Go to Settings, About Device, Software Update and click on auto update.
  18. spacyzuma

spacyzuma New Member

Congratulations on the JB update. I got tired of waiting and flashed the German JB firmware a few weeks ago, and it hasn't given me any trouble. I use the N8010 and stay in UK.
  19. devlin316

devlin316 Member

That's strange, I don't have the option for auto update. When I go into the software update section it checks for an update, but does not give me the option to set up and check automatically.

I'll just need to be patient and keep trying to download JB manually.
  20. cebu111

cebu111 Active Member

Hopefully we could get JB soon here in the Philippines. Still not showing in OTA or in Kies.
  21. Jumbeaux

Jumbeaux Active Member

Mine is 3G. First thing I noticed was the sync to Samsung cloud for s-notes. Then you get Google Now when you press Search. I like the phone action of swipe from bottom to open G Now better. Then bottom bar docked apps also looks different now. A couple of new apps -group cast, paper artist and s-voice.

Perhaps I'm imagining things but I think battery dries up faster and I keep accidentally zooming the page I am reading on the web browser when I actually wanted to scroll. Wacom digitizer problem, perhaps?
  22. JohnB47

Same here - UK wI fi version.
  23. RogS

RogS Member

Any success yet?
    I've been getting the same message since yesterday ("Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. Try later.") Not sure how long to leave it or if they somehow now know I've requested it.

(UK WiFi version too)
  24. JohnB47

Nope. Still getting that message.

I'm not sure what they mean by that. Are they logging my requests, i wonder? Unlikely. Patience is a virtue, apparently.
  25. devlin316

devlin316 Member

I read someplace (cant remember where) that if you leave the tablet switched on, with wifi connected and the device inactive for a good few hours, that this should trigger the update. I left my tab in this state over Thursday night and then on Friday morning I checked for updates and it went through first time.

Now this may have worked...... or I may have in fact just got lucky.