1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General JB coming soon per Verizon

1. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  2. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

3. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Why is it not leaked yet? :D:D
  4. Hittman73

Hittman73 New Member

Nice..
  5. Mastermind47

Mastermind47 Active Member

I just got the jelly bean update!
  6. dirkbonn

Just got the update on my phone. Put the phone on the charger, rebooted and it's installing as I type.

Edit: Upgrade successful, now have 9.1.41.en.US version.
  7. gibbynd

gibbynd New Member

Just curious as to where you are located if you received the update already. I'm in Michigan and it still tells me my phone is up to date...thanks.
  8. Mastermind47

I'm in Missouri. This update info says it is JB. After installing it, I see it's not, additionally there's no Google Now, or any other additions. I don't get it.
  9. syntrix

You will want to communicate that in the official soak test secret area that may or may not exist.

This is not an official OTA release.
  10. Mastermind47

Are you sure? How can you tell? It had notes in a pdf file etc. I never requested to be a tester.
  11. dirkbonn

Just got the OTA update on my phone. When I got notified it was there, I put my phone on the charger, rebooted and gave the goahead to install. It took about 10 minutes. Now I have System version 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US on my Maxx HD.

Been playing with Google Voice search. Very similar to Apples' SIRI. You verbally ask a question and it speaks the answer.

Jelly Bean installed on my phone like it was made for it. I think we got a winner, people!
  12. drtrask

drtrask Active Member

Has anyone been able to KEEP ROOT through this JB update - or does it get extricated as a result of it. And, if you were able to keep it, what protocols did you have in place to insure such.

Thanks, in advance, for your insights.
    (I realize this post might have been better placed under rooting, but this seems to be where everyone is talking about the latest updates, and their experiences of it.)
  13. syntrix

yes.

voodoo OTA rootkeeper.
    Superuser -> update
    voodoo to make a backup and temp-unroot.

AFter the update, restore.
  14. PresTeeJ

PresTeeJ Member

I'm in Michigan and I just got the update about an hour ago.
  15. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member

Got the update at 1pm est today and I'm in Pittsburgh Pa
  16. kishin14

kishin14 Well-Known Member

If its not too much trouble can you go into your phone info under setting and tell me if your build number and build date is this:

Build Number
    9.8.1Q_39

Build Date
    Sat Nov 3

I haven't received the OTA update yet but if those numbers are what your phone shows then its the same as the leak OTA update file found here. I'll just update with that and save myself the trouble of constantly checking my phone for the update. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I got my answer. The leak is the official OTA.
  17. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

No update for me yet. Anyway of forcing it?
  18. fullerne

fullerne Well-Known Member

To the people who have gotten the update--did you all sign up for the soak test?
  19. rankman

rankman Well-Known Member

I did not sign up
    fullerne likes this.
  20. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

I've been trying to force the update for the last hour but no luck. Guess i'm stuck waiting for it.
  21. fullerne

fullerne Well-Known Member

Same here. Been re-checking the system updates every 15 min
  22. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

Hopefully the update is significantly more polished than the leak, I'm running the leak version of jelly bean now and it is really laggy. It better be much better in the final release.
  23. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

Got it and I'm not setup for the soak test
  24. dirkbonn

I know under your edit you said you got your answer, but just fyi, my build number and build date are exactly as you asked.

To fullerne:

Yes, I did sign up for the soak test but never got asked to participate.

So far as regards to the JB update, I couldn't be happier with it. It's a really nice Android version. Of course the Maxx HD is a great phone so all around, I think we have a winner.

Now I'm just waiting for my next smartphone to be released sometime in the Summer of 2014! :smokingsomb:
    fullerne likes this.
  25. Mastermind47

I got the OTA update on 12/02/12, I installed it and when everything came back, there was no update. There's no changes to my phone whatsoever. Is there anyway to redo the update? Will a factory data reset force it? I cleared my cache partition as well.

Thanks
    -MM47