• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JB coming soon per Verizon

Here's the Email I received earlier....
Hi.

Thanks to everyone who participated in our soak test of new software for the Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR Maxx HD. After reviewing your community comments and survey feedback, we've made the decision to release the software in stages for all owners starting later this evening. I know this soak was on the short side but the results have been encouraging and we feel confident that it's ready to go. Based on your survey responses and comments, so do you.

We will continue to investigate issues reported in our soak community and in the survey. And I may be in contact with some of you to follow up on some of the problems you have reported.

This soak community will remain open for a short period of time. To return to the public communities, simply log out of the forums and log back in. Remember, all communications related to this soak test, and the details of our processes, are confidential and should not be shared.

Again, accept our thanks for sharing your time and insights to test this software, and for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. See you on the forums!
- Matt
Motorola Owners' Forums
Motorola Feedback Network

Reactions: fullerne
Upvote 0
well, what do you know?!? I just clicked on the "updates..." and it found the JB update. downloading it now (in Baysides, NY)

I have the Nexus 7 so I already have (and used to 4.2). For those of you who are expecting *great* differences from ICS, you're going to be disappointed. JB is smoother and more intuitive to use, but it's not a drastic change from ICS.

have fun everyone.

Upvote 0
JB downloaded and updated in New Hampshire! So far noticed a couple small things: Sound/silent/vibrate switch on the lock screen has moved to the top left side which I like because I'm left-handed so easier one-hand operation; Google search bar changed to a solid opaque which I don't like and will see if I can change back to just the outline; camera seems exactly the same as ICS - I thought the look was going to change based on some posts I'd read; no real noticeable difference in speed but then I never had any problems or lagginess with ICS anyway; The back/home/recents buttons have changed a little bit and look a little different; Light Flow was turned off - turned it back on but have yet to test; battery seems about the same but will know more tonight after a day's worth of normal usage. I'll report back later on that.

Upvote 0
Woke up this morning and had it ready to install. Install went smoothly.

Haven't played with it much yet. Noticed that the circle widgets on the home screen are gone and the clock is now digital, ala S3's modern tech font (which I hate.)

That's odd - my Circles widget was still there and looks exactly the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones