1. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Advertisement
  2. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

We need a DL link here -. -
  3. rjglenn

rjglenn Well-Known Member

Its hinky but it works. It's really outside the box, somehow manipulating a function of the Smartactions battery saver.
  4. Biotic

Biotic Well-Known Member Developer

Makes us think what other exploits could be made
  5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Two attempts ... didn't work for me. :(

We'll see if there are any updates or changes made that will help me out. Until then, I'll wait patiently as I'm LOVING JB. :smokingsomb:

===========================================

UPDATE: Fourth time was the charm!!! Here's what I had to do to get the exploit to work.

1 - Go to Settings > Apps > scroll over to 'All' > then scroll down to SmartActions
    2 - Press 'Force Stop' > press 'Uninstall Updates' > press 'Clear data'
    3 - Lastly, going against the directions, I put my RAZR MAXX in 'Media device (MTP)' mode ... not 'Mass Storage'.

Rooted once again!!! :cool: :rock:
  6. rothfus7

rothfus7 New Member

I followed the directions and have gained root access on my MAXX.
    My main question now is, what can I/should I do now?
    So far it seems no different than before.
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Rothfus, many of us take advantage of root access to flash different ROMs onto the phone. Which is like getting a new phone - which is both good and bad.
    Good: new phone, cool! :)
    Bad: new phone, now I have to set up all my apps and such again...

I've been trying out ROMs from here
    Droid Razr ROMs (Jelly Bean Kernel) [XT912] - DroidRzr.com

if you're new to flashing ROMs, which I presume you are based on the question you asked, there is a LOT to know before you commit to doing it. There is some good information here, and on the site linked above, and probably over on XDA - though I haven't been there in quite a while.
    Read until you understand what's involved, at least in principle. That way you'll be less at a disadvantage SHOULD something go wrong in the flash.
  8. jfever311

jfever311 Well-Known Member

For some reason I cannot register to the forums linked above. Any of you guys have the zip file? I would greatly appreciate it.

Either that or tell me how to get the security code to come up in order to complete registration.
  9. jfever311

Screenshots from my registration attempt.....\

Attached Files:

10. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

I've been regged there for a while so I don't get the security check, it's hard to tell if you checked off both " email from admins & agree to TOS ".
    If you have, check any adblocker type settings you may have, good luck.

I have not rooted yet.
  11. jfever311

I just tried doing it again with BetterPrivacy and Adblock Plus disabled, to no avail.

Wondering if you can send me the url for the actual download page??
  12. Grey1001

13. jfever311

Okay cool. Thanks. Now I think I should be able to run the zip for Windows using Wine, as I use Ubuntu 11.10. right?
  14. Grey1001

You'll need someone else to help with that, I haven't rooted since I got the RAZR.
  15. jfever311

This is not working at all for me. I keep getting that the file is not found over and over. WTF??
  16. jfever311

This is where I am stuck at, and have been so for about ten minutes........

Attached Files:

17. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add to this thread.. I also had to set my device into Media device (MTP) instead of mass storage in order to get this root tool to work.