• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JB - It's here. Official.

Does that mean the "coming in october" statement by Samsung UK is to be revised or it means us from UK need to wait until next month?

Well October is only a week away. Maybe it's true that they're releasing to smaller markets first as a precaution in case they missed something during testing. I'm happy to wait just a little to avoid trouble.

Thanks Poland, Serbia, Croatia and Macedonia for helping me avoid all of this...

download JB,
backup,
install JB,
restore,
customize the UI,
have trouble,
get pissed,
backup newly taken photos and videos of kids,
revert to old OS,
restore,
customize the UI,
download fixed JB,
backup,
install fixed JB,
restore,
customize the UI

No thanks for all of that.

Reactions: Matrix Leader
Upvote 0
Noob question - but what is 'nandroid'?

Its a backup of the phone. So what Szadzik is referring to is that a user of the XDA forum installed JB, made a backup, and is now sharing that backup with all the other users. If you download that file and put it in your own s3 in the right CWM folder, you can "restore" that backup - so you're basically flashing that rom.

Reactions: blenky
Upvote 0
Well October is only a week away. Maybe it's true that they're releasing to smaller markets first as a precaution in case they missed something during testing. I'm happy to wait just a little to avoid trouble.

Thanks Poland, Serbia, Croatia and Macedonia for helping me avoid all of this...

download JB,
backup,
install JB,
restore,
customize the UI,
have trouble,
get pissed,
revert to old OS,
restore,
customize the UI,
download fixed JB,
backup,
install fixed JB,
restore,
customize the UI

That actually sounds like a lovely way to spent my evening. I don't have kids, that probably helps.

Upvote 0

download JB,
backup,
install JB,
restore,
customize the UI,
have trouble,
get pissed,
revert to old OS,
restore,
customize the UI,
download fixed JB,
backup,
install fixed JB,
restore,
customize the UI

For me with Titanium backup it takes all 60 minutes to backup and restore and I have a nandroid back of the previous system, so restoring it if I think I do not like the current one, takes another 15 minuts and no setup required as it comes fully set up.

Upvote 0
For me with Titanium backup it takes all 60 minutes to backup and restore and I have a nandroid back of the previous system, so restoring it if I think I do not like the current one, takes another 15 minuts and no setup required as it comes fully set up.

You need to get titanium pro my friend. Backup and restore in under 5 minutes with batch functionality

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones