Toosploos Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Houndofhell likes this.
  2. S3 owner

S3 owner Member

Why is Poland so special?
  3. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

I wanted to no why Poland not uk unless they want to test it out before the release it right
  4. Toosploos

Apparently it's Poland Serbia, Croatia and Macedonia. You gotta start somewhere, right?

Also: users report that they get the update both OTA or via Kies and we're looking at 282,5 mb. Pretty small sized rom if you ask me.
  5. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Does that mean the "coming in october" statement by Samsung UK is to be revised or it means us from UK need to wait until next month?
  6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

As someone suggests on Sammobile maybe they release it into a smaller market first in case of any last minute issue.
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Where did you find out that nugget of information from?
  8. Toosploos

In the original article that I posted is a link to their German source. Here:

Android 4.1 Update f
    hvrc, rsarno, EgoDogg and 1 other person like this.
  9. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Downloaded nandroid and will start installing right after I backup with Titanium.
  10. Toosploos

Are you actually in one of those countries, or did you dowload the stock online? If so: please share a link.
  11. Szadzik

12. Toosploos

13. NetNoggin

NetNoggin Active Member

Well October is only a week away. Maybe it's true that they're releasing to smaller markets first as a precaution in case they missed something during testing. I'm happy to wait just a little to avoid trouble.

Thanks Poland, Serbia, Croatia and Macedonia for helping me avoid all of this...

download JB,
    backup,
    install JB,
    restore,
    customize the UI,
    have trouble,
    get pissed,
    backup newly taken photos and videos of kids,
    revert to old OS,
    restore,
    customize the UI,
    download fixed JB,
    backup,
    install fixed JB,
    restore,
    customize the UI

No thanks for all of that.
    Matrix Leader likes this.
  14. Rud3Bwoy

Rud3Bwoy Member

Anyone got it here that's in poland?if so can you run geekbench and post your scores?
  15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Noob question - but what is 'nandroid'?
  16. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

It's an android system image, just need to flash it through custom recovery.
  17. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

I have Sprint in the USA..and the phone downloaded an OTA update today....but I don't think it's JB. Still at 4.04...but it acted like a big update...with multiple restarts. What was it...anyone know?
  18. Toosploos

Its a backup of the phone. So what Szadzik is referring to is that a user of the XDA forum installed JB, made a backup, and is now sharing that backup with all the other users. If you download that file and put it in your own s3 in the right CWM folder, you can "restore" that backup - so you're basically flashing that rom.
    blenky likes this.
  19. Toosploos

That actually sounds like a lovely way to spent my evening. I don't have kids, that probably helps.
  20. Szadzik

For me with Titanium backup it takes all 60 minutes to backup and restore and I have a nandroid back of the previous system, so restoring it if I think I do not like the current one, takes another 15 minuts and no setup required as it comes fully set up.
  21. jedmo

jedmo New Member

Newb over here. So with OTA JB update (when its available in my area). Does it wipe the entire phone, and you have to restore your backup? or will it just update your phone, and all your previous settings and installed software are still there.
  22. Lato9905

Lato9905 Well-Known Member

Well you know what at least it's released somewhere, finally some glimmer of hope even if it means it's probably still four months away from an att release.
  23. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Yep, my thoughts too for us VZW users.
  24. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side, you all could be with US Verizon. Easily the last to do any big update for a device. Well, Att may be worse, or a reservoir dog fight between them.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  25. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You need to get titanium pro my friend. Backup and restore in under 5 minutes with batch functionality