• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help JC6 for i7500 (1.6) is out

I flashed JC6 and the latest galaxo.

Sadly, I still have the bug where half of my calls (in my call log) are reported as 'unknown' (started with JC1)

Also, contrary to what Drakaz says in his description, the rom does NOT include dutch localization (so no dutch T9 for me :( )

Otherwise, it seems to be nice and stable, but I really hope an official XX firmware is released damn soon.

Upvote 0
Sadly, I still have the bug where half of my calls (in my call log) are reported as 'unknown' (started with JC1)

I believe that is because incoming calls are listed including the country code, but in your contacts they'll be listed without country code. You could get around it by changing all your contacts to include the country code, but it's not ideal.

Upvote 0
ive seen it on h6 ii5 galaxo and jc6 so i doubt its just the 1.6 firmware and more to do with how android handles number prefixes

for example, blackberries have a option for smart dialing to get around the problem with how outlook synchs country codes but it still has issues with non country coded numbers if you do that.

lots of devices handle numbers differently and the only way to keep them unified is to keep the prefixes correct so then when you change handhelds you will never encounter this issue

Upvote 0
You are probably using some 'bad' software to repack tar.

I use Total Commander. There was another recommendation somewhere in that thread -> http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7...rs-brazilian-users-galaxy-7500l-notice-l.html , but I cannot find it - try searching yourself.

ok this seems to be the best place for Galaxy help

now what I did is that I have been using II5 and was able to root it with the recovery 4.2 and it worked fine

now then i flashed to JC 6 using ODIN and everything seems to be great for me infact however i am unable to root it using recovery 4.6.2

when I tried doing this i followed the procedure to put the files into the SDK/tools folder and then push through fastboot but what i am getting is that phone goes into fastboot mode and then its try to install the recovery and then I get an error that says Unknown error

please help

Upvote 0
Okay, guys. Here's a JC6 firmware with removed CSC and integrated Recovery 4.6.2.
All you need to do, is to put RECTOOLS.tar.gz (included in the archive) on your internal SD card and flash the firmware files with Odin as you normally would. No fastboot needed.

[the file was corrupt. re-uploading]

P.S. I don't know if you can use the altrered PDA.tar to restore G.Apps, perhaps it will not pass cheksumm check. So if you are going to install Galaxo 1.6.2 and need to restore G.Apps - use the original PDA.tar for that.

Upvote 0
Okay, guys. Here's a JC6 firmware with removed CSC and integrated Recovery 4.6.2.
All you need to do, is to put RECTOOLS.tar.gz (included in the archive) on your internal SD card and flash the firmware files with Odin as you normally would. No fastboot needed.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

P.S. I don't know if you can use the altrered PDA.tar to restore G.Apps, perhaps it will not pass cheksumm check. So if you are going to install Galaxo 1.6.2 and need to restore G.Apps - use the original PDA.tar for that.

Thanks a lot for the help just a quick question though so If i do this then would I loose all my settings and application ?

do I need to make a back up for them ?

and also could we have this file on any other server as rapid-share does not work for me.

thanks a lot once again for your help

Upvote 0
There's a chance that you will, as e.g. JC5 erased my settings when I flashed it. In any case, ALWAYS have a backup. Don't even ask that again ;)))

I'll upload somewhere else too...
Ok for once i was able to download the file but then unable to get this to work as getting error while extracting this also tried with 7zip but still the same error

would request you to upload it somewhere else and also check if the file is correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones