1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

JD Power Rankings Shows Android Manufacturers Trailing Apple

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot

In a report that is sure to incite some *a bit of fanboyism on all ends, JD Power & Associates have unveiled their yearly smartphone rankings, and news could be better for Android. Apple and their iPhone hold the number one spot for the fifth consecutive year, though Motorola and HTC trail *by only a [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Well-Known Member

Here's my take on one of Androids biggest hurdles. "It's Different"

Yes you read it right. As obvious as it is to many of us, to others it's not so obvious.

Why? Because they are so quick to "assume it's like an iPhone.

Because of this they have no full realization how different it is.

As a result they're either too lazy to learn about Android, or only give it a very short time before declaring it inferior.

The ones that do give it time, learn how to properly use it, pass on the word and that's why Android is doing as well as it is.

If more people had a bit of patience, an open mind, and desire to learn something new Android would really become dominant.

I've had loads of smartphones on all platforms and I prefer Android by a very wide margin over my iPhone 4. I seriously hope that this hurdle is overcome.

Google needs to become more structured as far as working with handset makers to insure they run the latest version and kill off the "fragmentation" issue.

I'm for choices, open source, and freedom. Three aspects that Android can provide.

What's your take on this? :)
  3. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

They will learn eventually. People started out with simple cellphones. Then they came out with feature phones with cameras and stuff. To those people coming from featurephones, an iphone is a tremendous jump in power and flexibility. Eventually they will want even more, if those options are offered.