• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jeboo kernel for JB Leak

We are currently petitioning for its return back to the forum if you, or anyone else, would like to help!

http://androidforums.com/lounge/681585-galaxy-s2-pub-beer-garden.html

Signed.

What a can of worms though!

Anyway, just so this thread does not get moved....

As I was making a cup of tea today I started to reflect on my purchase of a GS2 all those months ago. What a wise decision that was, as it truly is a wondrous device. An incredible feat of engineering made all the more impressive because I had installed the latest Jeboo kernel (links to which are in this very thread).

Then I realised I had run out of custard creams and to be honest the day was all downhill from there on.

Upvote 0
Yes. Will see after 3-4 days how's battery life.

Yet to install batt stats and a few other system apps. But I dont expect less than superb. Ill report back in 24 hours.

Screenshot_2013-02-05-08-53-31_zpsfaf8bb0c.png

Upvote 0
Anyone having problems with the v2.0?? I`m getting random restarts and also for over one hour my phone was looking OK but was actually out of reach. When my colleague told me that my phone is off I was surprised, tried to call myself from another line and yes my phone was out of network, although everything was looking just fine on the phone.
Hmmm....back to v1.3

Upvote 0
Anyone having problems with the v2.0?? I`m getting random restarts and also for over one hour my phone was looking OK but was actually out of reach. When my colleague told me that my phone is off I was surprised, tried to call myself from another line and yes my phone was out of network, although everything was looking just fine on the phone.
Hmmm....back to v1.3

I`m on 2.0 for last 24h and no probs here.

Upvote 0
I would say you are already rooted then.
Just copy the zip file to the phone/sd card, boot into recovery and flash from there.
Hawker has written some scripts that clean up the remnants left behind by different kernels. I would also suggest putting those onto the phone/sd card and flashing those at the same time.

Sorry, don't have time to find them at the moment, just on my way out to meet the wife for lunch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones