• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] JediX Upgrade....help please.

What's up all? Just wanted to ask about upgrading JediX on my Note 2. I am running Jedix 16. I want to know if I can go to Jedix 19 or 20, without wiping my entire phone again? Can I simply just upgrade and keep all my info in tact? Or do you have to do a clean wipe every time you install a new rom? I backed up my phone to my sd card, so lets just say that I have to do a clean wipe. If i install a new jedix, can i just put my backup on the new version? even though i backed up on an old version? Help please.

Ok.
You can not wipe. But I would never do this again after doing it once. It'll be a little buggy.

Try titanium backup
I wip, flash rom, Install titanium backup and then batch restore all user apps with data.

Then the only thing I haft to set is my walpaper and widgets and lock screen shortcuts.

Also bluetooth and wifi.

You can back those up to I just usualy set titanium to auto backup user apps plus data 2 times a week.

Dont backup system apps.

Should fix your issue with long system rebuild times after flash with no bugs from a "dirty flash"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones