1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Tab 2 Update IssuesSupport

1. dazmaul

dazmaul New Member

Hi all,

I recently updated my Tab 2 10.1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1 BUT ever since I did it the default Internet app doesn't remember my home-page - or should I say the settings remember my homepage but the about:blank screen is what loads. My saved bookmarks were removed aswell.

On top of that - whenever I try and close the Intenet app (by pressing the X on the page tab) a new about:blank page loads - whereas previously the app closed down. If I then press the back arrow (bottom left) the window closes BUT the process is still running in the background and I have to close it via the Task Monitor.

I have read in another thread that clearing the cache should resolve it BUT it doesn't do anything other than re-wiping my saved bookmarks again..

All other apps seem to close down correctly.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Regards
    dazmaul

Advertisement
    :
  2. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

An idle task will eventually be removed from memory by the OS... more quickly if another active app needs the resources. While it is sitting there idle, it does no harm. This seems to be something that people with history in DOS and Windows don't easily grasp.

However, it is bizarre that there is no way to cleanly exit the app. I would suggest finding another browser that acts the way that you want it to act.
  3. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

same issues with the music app. it remains in the notification bar even when i am not playing and the close button in the notification which was available in the previous release is gone and only way to close it is to go to task manager and kill the process.

I have read some were that there is a setting that will kill the process as soon as we exit using the back button(This could be useful for certain apps) but i am not sure if this setting exists. need to check....
  4. prajwalchandra

prajwalchandra New Member

Hii..even i have a lot of issues with latest jellybean(4.1.1) update for my galaxy tab2
    1.device became more prone to crashes
    2.on the day which ive updated my OS,alarm didnt work..i had to wake up at 5 30 as i had
    exam that day..i eventually woke up at 7 30 and saw my screen saying "Alarm not res-
    -ponding(wait or close).
    3.Video editor not working properly,cant use it cleanly without exiting and closing it
    through the task manager atleast once or twice.
    4.problem with music player not closing wen i try to close it..it will b still there in the
    notification bar.
    5.my device restarts by itself more often.

Please can anyone tell me how to get back to my previous OS (ice cream sandwich),coz i had no problem using that..
    -