Jelly bean 4.2.2

Last Updated:

1. Beezy1978

Beezy1978 Member

Hmm. I got mine OTA-
    I guess nuthun' to it but to do it... Guinea-pig, ho!

Advertisement
  2. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

I've not had it on my 7 or 4. :(
  3. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Nexus 7 yes, Nexus 4 no.

I can't see much difference in the update except for the long press wifi and bluetooth toggles.
  4. dafman

dafman New Member

just checked mine still no update
  5. ryem84

ryem84 Well-Known Member

Just checked mine this morning and nothing...just got mine on saturday so maybe im way down on the list....no idea.
  6. MartinS

seriously, you're not missing anything!
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

It's a big deal on the Gnex and nexus 4 because it fixes the bluetooth bugs.
  8. Legobricke

Legobricke Well-Known Member

I did the Google Services Framework trick...

On the third time, it downloaded the update....

Lego
  9. for a pound

for a pound Active Member

Just got my 4.2.2 here in northern ireland
  10. jesstan

jesstan New Member

Update to 4.2.2 has stopped Sky Go app working. Tried reinstalling - no joy. Although app reinstalls when launched states Sky Go is not currently supported on this device. Any ideas?
  11. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

i heard battery life was supposed to be improved. that's the biggest difference maker to me.
    i don't care about their long press toggles or sounds. custom ROMs have those taken care of and do it better.
  12. BigBruDa3rd

BigBruDa3rd Well-Known Member

Got mine today on my N7 but not on my wife's!?
  13. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

The update hit my Nexus 7 after the framework trick, no luck on my Nexus 4 though.
  14. En4cer2k11

En4cer2k11 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have an update that actually improves battery life (unlike 4.1.1 on my SGS3). I'll wait for a 2nd opinion though.
  15. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Lol I kinda made it update since I downloaded the update and flashed it but noticed my Google account wasn't syncing and play market wouldn't load so I restored back to a recovery then I got this notice . I'm in Tampa Florida so dunno what to say....

[​IMG]
  16. gb4fan

gb4fan Well-Known Member

Got my update today.
  17. JanComputerman

JanComputerman Well-Known Member

I had saved my data earlier today to my PC so when the update had downloaded and was ready to install I let it run ... Was back up running in under ten minutes and all seems well. Apps updated and my download folder seemed to download everything again ... That's what it indicated in the status pull down menu from the top left anyway. maybe they fix the editing bug I hope I hope I hope? I hate it when it goes back and modifies a perfectly good word with the wrong word.
  18. dmoss74

dmoss74 Well-Known Member

i just got mine on my n7. i'm hoping the low volume problem will be solved.
  19. MartinS

This has right royally pissed me off! The app opens, I can select a channel and see what's on but as soon as I press to play, I get a box which just states "Sky Go!" and an OK button.

It will be forever before sky update the app again. I really wish that I hadn't bothered.
  20. FTMatty

FTMatty Member

Thanks for the Sky Go warning.

Won't bother with 4.2.2 until that's fixed.

Sky's support of Android is terrible. They seem to look after the Apple Sheeple very well.
  21. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Pretty happy that 4.2.2 fixed the Nexus 7's Bluetooth streaming problem. Now I can play Pandora over my Jambox instead of having to resort to using other devices.
  22. ryem84

ryem84 Well-Known Member

checked this morning still no update....:mad: am i the only one?
  23. mistertonmick

mistertonmick Member

I have not got mine yet,but got previous updates quickly.
  24. ryem84

ryem84 Well-Known Member

i heard someone say go to google framework services and clear data...but what do you lose with this is it like a factory reset?
  25. MartinS

It definitely resets the time and date - to 1/1/1970 if I remember correctly. I've heard others say that it signs them out of Google Play but I've not seen it.