• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean 4.2 for Asus Zenfone 5?

DannySDann

Lurker
Aug 1, 2014
Hi. I just bought the Zenfone 5 and to be frank I'm fed up with the Jelly Bean 4.3 that comes preloaded. It just gives me sh*t with all those app incompatibilities and crashes. Why even my Video recording is having issues. When I switch to Video recording though it says 1080p, I'm getting like 360p quality and moreover the camera seems to be zooming in unusually. MX player crashes. Games crash. I'm totally fed up! I wonder if Kitkat would fix the issues. Well, even the date is not officially announced. What's the point in waiting for Kitkat? So I was thinking of something else. Could I flash my device to Android Jelly Bean 4.2? I'm a novice and would really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi DannySDann, and welcome to Android Forums :)

Since your question is a device-specific one, I've moved your post to the subforum dedicated to the Zenfone 5. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I don't think that you'll be able to downgrade to 4.2. The Zenfone 5 launched with 4.3 installed, which means that there hasn't been a public release of 4.2 for it. I did some looking around to see if I could find a community-built version of 4.2 for the Zenfone 5 and I'm afraid that search also came up empty.

It may be a bit extreme, but have you tried to do a factory reset on the device? That can often eliminate a lot of the stability issues that you describe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones