Jelly Bean and car kits

Last Updated:

1. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is just a Nexus 4 issue or wide spread across 4.1/4.2 handsets.

I've just upgraded to a Nexus 4 and when connecting to my Seat Leon built in car kit, it no longer displays the contacts. Could this possibly be due to the contacts being stored in Google and not phone?

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the contacts are still stored on the phone ..

There have been rumours of issues with 4.2.2 and bluetooth though I haven't noticed any myself - saying that, I haven't checked if my contacts still come up in the car.

I'm guessing this is going to be something to do a change to the 'flavour' of bluetooth in 4.2.2. For something that was supposed to be a ubiquitous, generic comms protocol, it has an unbelievable number of varieties, all of which are incompatible. Maybe naming it after a rampaging Viking repist and pilager was meant to have told use something ..

I'm guessing Google have 'upgraded' one of the BT protocols and this is going to stop half the existing devices in the world from workling with it.
  3. stuarta

stuarta Well-Known Member

Yep thanks was me being dumb. I forgot to check the box to allow the car kit to access the address book