Jelly Bean broke storage?! Not Enough Storage Space?Support

1. Planex09

Planex09 Member

I updated my Samsung Galaxy Reverb to Jelly Bean yesterday and after using my phone for a while I got a notification that read "Storage space running low?" I've put almost nothing on my phone, so I was like "WTF?!" I opened the notification and it says "Not enough storage space," however the grey part that indicates free space on the "device memory" bar takes up about 2/3 of the bar. Plenty of free space. Did Jelly Bean screw something up so now my phone doesn't know how to properly calculate memory values?

Actual values are as follows:
    Total space - 1.96GB
    Pictures, Videos - 278MB
    Audio - 22.69MB
    Downloads - 76.02MB
    Misc files - 1.20MB
    Available space (according to my phone) - 75.36MB

This is my first smart phone and it comes with SOOOO much junkware. If anyone can point me to a page that tells me what I can uninstall or delete and how to go about doing so, I would be eternally grateful.

Advertisement
    :
  2. KOAM

KOAM Well-Known Member

You have over a quarter gig of pictures and videos. Upload most of those to Dropbox and delete them off your phone, or at least move them to your external card. That'll make a big difference.
  3. Planex09

Planex09 Member

Thanks for your suggestion, but that doesn't address the bigger problem. I'm NOT low on space at all. In fact I'm only using 57% (or 1.12GB) of my 1.96 total Gigs. My phone should not be telling me that I'm low on space. Nor should it be failing to install apps due to lack of space. I don't think this is a "space" issue, I think the Jelly Bean update messed up my phone.

Remember: before Jelly Bean I could update things perfectly fine and never got a low memory warning. Since the Jelly Bean update I have not installed anything new, downloaded anything, or put any new pictures/music on my phone. Therefore nothing has changed and I should not be getting this warning now when I wasn't before. The finger points to Jelly Bean pretty decisively.
  4. Planex09

Planex09 Member

Went in to the BestBuy store where I purchased my phone. Unfortunately they couldn't really help me. I did a factory reset and things seem to be fine now, except for some data loss that I'm EXTREMELY PISSED about.

Thanks to no one at all for being so very helpful...
  5. hatredg0d

hatredg0d Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. ~75% of internal storage free, but android is reporting im out of memory. I tried formatting the internal storage, no luck. Still reports itself being full...
  6. bunanson

bunanson Well-Known Member

I have the same problem, and fixed with factory reset too.

bun
  7. sbdc003

sbdc003 Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset a couple of days ago after I found out my system data was almost 1GB. However, after I watched a TV episode on Netflix, several videos on YouTube, some browsing and playing with my weather widget, my system data was already 300MB. Today 700MB and keeps growing.

As far as I know, the only solution to solve this problem is to root your device and manually delete some files. My phone is an OutOfBox JB 412 Reverb, so nothing I can really do at this point.