Jelly Bean discussion/issues thread (released Dec. 13)Support

1. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

I've been checking every hour since 6am EST. The upgrade just downloaded for me.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Wasn't digging at you, just saying, your prediction was right - glad you're happy with your new phone, it's all Android, that's what it's all about! :)
    kct1975 and Rose4uKy like this.
  3. bc88

bc88 Member

Geez, I wish I could do this over the wi-fi, but I don't have the office password. Guess I'll slug through on the 3G, even though I get LTE a few miles from here. Good thing I have a lot of work to keep me busy while I wait :)
  4. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

So, does this mean it's time to start the "where is 4.2" thread? :p

Impressive that this didn't leak before release, but I haven't noticed any roms based on it yet. Did Sprint tighten up the ship?
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Devs are hammering it out over on Xda I'm sure.

In the meantime, I have to resist not installing the update I've downloaded.

Don't want to risk losing my s-off
    EarlyMon likes this.
  6. EarlyMon

Hard to say. The leaked RUU crowd at XDA got very silent recently...

PM me your Dropbox on that - let's take it apart! :)
  7. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Yay!!!!!!!!
  8. ironbrewer

ironbrewer Well-Known Member

mines downloading now.
    simcha likes this.
  9. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

Yep, start the 4.2 thread. Downloading currently, if this fixes my notifications issue specifically I will be happy. My other complaints are minor to this, work is where the cash comes from and missed notifications affect it.
  10. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

Mine did not give me any other option but wi-fi. How did you get that? I have nothing better to do than let it dl while I sit here at work.
  11. Rxpert83

Uploading it to dropbox on my terrible internet is going to take hours.

Anything specific you want me to look at?
  12. bc88

bc88 Member

I believe it was an option between Wi-Fi and over the network. It is wayyy slow though, so it is a good thing it is while I'm at work. I started it about 30 minutes ago and it's only at 20%!
  13. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member

I found it now. Started just a feew min ago and already at 16%. This might not take as long as i thought since the 4g is working good. Thanks guys. Hope yall have fun!
  14. EarlyMon

Does it modify firmware?

And btw - I think XDA is getting slashdotted from everyone F5'ing looking for the root version - we're liable to be next. :p

You mean this one? :D

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-lte-all-things-root/662024-jelly-bean-3-15-651-16-info.html
  15. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

Been running OTA JB (4hrs) on LTEVO and did a quadrant benchmark. Benchmark score on ICS=5800ish, on JB 6200ish (Very Nice) Multitasking bug for me is gone (No web page reloading) KB treatment is awesome. Voice mail upgrade awesome. No more flickering web hub :) Text-to-Speech a ton better! Camera auto focus works smoother. Interpretive keying much better and text correction waayyy better. Now we got JB, guess I need to get my Samsung Note 2 back to Sprint and get my "Money" back(LOL)
    Honestly, I found myself using my EVO more than the Note2, even though the Note2 was new. EVO's ease of use, intuitive interface, just makes it easier get done what I need. Final note, (Pun intended!) with the recent JB upgrade to EVO. EVO is now hands down faster than Note 2. Camera on EVO was better even before JB. Just my personal experience and wanted share before I have to return my Note 2. Gratz everyone on getting much needed love to there (and mine :p ) LTEVO ------> (smooth x 10)
  16. spyder40

Anybody having issues with the keyboard in stock text app? Mine is two lines of garbage "characters" with bottom two lines just white.
  17. Rxpert83

Nope its working here [​IMG]
    marctronixx likes this.
  18. spyder40

Interesting, mine initially worked but is now just garbage like the video driver is wrong. Text part of the screen is fine though. Just rebooted and it's fine again. Strange. I did reboot after the update was complete just because.
    marctronixx and Rxpert83 like this.
  19. EarlyMon

Major update, so it's likely the operating system caches are dirty.

And I just inspected the installer - once again, they've failed to clean those out for you.

Rom updates need clean caches to work right. Without root, you only option is to backup (MyBackup Pro and SMS Backup+, they won't get everything, but they're about the best you can do) - and then do a factory data reset.

If using Wallet, go into the app, menu, and reset it, just to be safe, before doing the factory data reset.

Do NOT erase your /sdcard with that.

Please don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player. :)
    marctronixx, spyder40 and Rxpert83 like this.
  20. spyder40

21. EarlyMon

No doubt you're not alone.

A great percentage of people getting this update will have weird bugs due to dirty operating systems caches.

Same thing happens with every major update.

Sorry.
    marctronixx likes this.
  22. spyder40

Sigh.....and thanks. I'll see if it comes back again before going the reset route. On the positive side, I have gotten a few texts and the notifications have worked each time so far. Obviously too early to say fixed but a good sign!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  23. EarlyMon

I'll be looking for that fix for contact ringtones over here! :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. Cactus73

Cactus73 Well-Known Member

I like the JB update so far.....but, I lost my 2 x 4 favorites contact widget. I want it back! HTC Hub is gone too??