Jelly Bean discussion/issues thread (released Dec. 13)Support

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I miss that contact widget as well.

Oh well.
  2. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

Going through things in case I do have to do a reset and under Settings -> Storage -> App Storage it shows "Other" as a huge amount (4.03gig). "App" can be selected and see what comprises it but other can't be. Any ideas what "Other" would be?
  3. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Well-Known Member

Well, downloaded, updated.

Phone immediately started running warm, it was connected to my WiFi, but no data coming in or going out. Couldn't load web pages, download voicemail etc.

Restarted. NEGRES.

Switched to mobile data. Sync updated.

Back to Wifi. NEGRES.

Forgot network. Reconnected. NEGRES.

Any ideas, thoughts?

Also, sync notification at the top is constant whether on mobile or wifi.

Never had a single issue with this phone before.
  4. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

What is NEGRES?
    PattiCakeUS likes this.
  5. EasyEEE

LoL Sorry. Negative Results.

The sync DOES go away with mobile on.

I can't connect to my Wifi. Could be me. About to reset router, though, other things working in house.

Just updated my son's EVO 4G LTE - zero problems. His able to connect to my WiFi no problems. Turned mine off for a bit. Still no luck. Wish could easily pull battery. Not sure if I can find my small screw drivers. Factory reset will be next..
  6. CYNICALifornia

CYNICALifornia Well-Known Member

Try a flashable instead of an OTA. OTAs can cause problems.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. Baltimoretint

Baltimoretint Well-Known Member

Took the ota tried to install via teamwin, I have s-on rooted via htc method will not install just says failed, went on xda and got the dedexed and odexed tried those and same thing , any ideas ??
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Of 16 GB storage, just over 2 is apps (/data), just under 10 is /sdcard and the other 4 are system/firmware/etc.

Remember - holding power for 10 seconds is the same as a battery pull, it pulls down all the silicon. ;)
    PattiCakeUS and marctronixx like this.
  9. spyder40

Sigh....looking like a reset is in order. Just got off the phone and the screen stayed black. Saw a thread where someone else has this issue also. But I got some more notifications from texts which is good!
  10. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yes, the OTA just changed your firmware and you may no longer be unlocked. Not sure though.

Let's please start a thread on this in our root forum, this isn't the best place, ok.

Guess we need to amplify our warning to others -

Please Note -

If you are rooted, do NOT take the OTA.
  11. spyder40

Sorry, should have been more clear. Shows 4gig used under other. Top section of the storage screen.
  12. Baltimoretint

Baltimoretint Well-Known Member

Btw I just checked it said Tamperd Unlocked S-on and thanks for the response
  13. EasyEEE

Thanks, EarlyMon.

No luck with the holding down power button.

Still running very hot .. took case off an hour ago.

Backing up and about to reset.. bleh.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  14. HTC_Evo

HTC_Evo Member

Everything works well except I get "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" every 30 seconds. Trying a backup/reset now.
  15. Rxpert83

I had that once. Hasn't come back
  16. AHWagner

AHWagner Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    EarlyMon likes this.
  17. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having insane Lag after install??
  18. Rxpert83

Quite the opposite here. Insanely smooth and fast.

Try a few reboots. A factory reset may help as well
    PattiCakeUS and marctronixx like this.
  19. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

So I have the deodexed version installed... Haven't activated it on my line yet. My S3 has been running like a champ. The most important question I have for anyone (and it would help extra if you are in an LtE market). Has the signal improved at all as for as connectivity with data?
  20. quijibo

quijibo Well-Known Member

I installed Jelly Bean a few hours ago and did the ten second power button push. Why is my memory under task manager so full? It's never been this full.
    [​IMG]
  21. Rxpert83

That's completely normal. My suggestion to you would be to stop checking the free memory left(and def don't kill those applications :)). Let android do its thing. Its not like a windows computer where more free memory=faster performance. Free memory is wasted space in android land.

[​IMG]
    marctronixx, PattiCakeUS and quijibo like this.
  22. Sonin66

Sonin66 Member

im with this guy, im experiencing the same problem with my wifi. i tried the same forget network hoping that it would fix the problem with no dice. im also considering resetting but i really dont want to as my phone is fine everywhere else with the update. anyone else have any other ideas? im thinking it has something to do with connections optimizer since that was the last part of the update..
  23. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Downloaded and installed, smooth as butter and faster too.
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. bwa

bwa New Member

Maybe you can help me. Can social game texts be traced or recovered for any legal matters?
  25. robsevo

robsevo Active Member

You cannot disable the shutter or silly zoom sound now when you touch the screen?!? WTF? Is there a work around for this? I've tried using silent mode. Turned down all the sounds on the phone. The option is gone in the camera settings now. Like most everything about JB so far but this.