• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean discussion/issues thread (released Dec. 13)

Go to advance WiFi settings and disable DLNA auto ip
im with this guy, im experiencing the same problem with my wifi. i tried the same forget network hoping that it would fix the problem with no dice. im also considering resetting but i really dont want to as my phone is fine everywhere else with the update. anyone else have any other ideas? im thinking it has something to do with connections optimizer since that was the last part of the update..

Go to advance WiFi settings and disable DLNA auto ip

Upvote 0
im with this guy, im experiencing the same problem with my wifi. i tried the same forget network hoping that it would fix the problem with no dice. im also considering resetting but i really dont want to as my phone is fine everywhere else with the update. anyone else have any other ideas? im thinking it has something to do with connections optimizer since that was the last part of the update..

Lots are complaining about that connections optimizer on XDA, fwiw, and saying to go without it.

Upvote 0
You cannot disable the shutter or silly zoom sound now when you touch the screen?!? WTF? Is there a work around for this? I've tried using silent mode. Turned down all the sounds on the phone. The option is gone in the camera settings now. Like most everything about JB so far but this.

Ugh I was afraid of this. It's the new "thing" to prevent perv shots as if there aren't stealth cam apps out there. Otherwise having great luck with the rest of the update, seems to have fixed a lot of small issues I had and the speed and smoothness is great!

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
I THOUGHT that Jelly Bean was supposed to be more power efficient. Is that efficiency due to the various functions being turned off, or is it due to more efficient handling of functions? The need to carry an external battery seems to be many steps backward. What am I missing.....

PS: Battery down 12% in 2 hours with Power Saver on!!!

Upvote 0
Has anyone else noticed the lack of ability to get to that HTC marketplace to download skins or sound sets? Did they just do away with it or did I forget how to actually do that? If I go to the HTC Account under Accounts & sync, it says "Sync is OFF", but there's no option to turn it on or anything like there is for the other accounts.

Upvote 0
as mentioned before.. mine is much faster.. dont know bout battery yet.. i did task manager.. and tons of stuff running.. some games i havent even played in months are showing up on there..

other than that.. no issues.. new keyboard is pretty nice.. has swipe as i can see..

task manager shows 800 of a possible 1g.. just like everyone else.. not worried about it..

seems the vibrate on the phone is alot louder.. or harder.. not certain.. but..

i wonder if sprint is doing the connection thing.. with wifi.. because they are the only true unlimited data provider. and in order to make the data as fast as it can.. keep those people who are in wifi on wifi.. vs. on data.. just something to think about..

Upvote 0
Hmm, when you long press the power notification you get a pop-up for app info. Click it and it takes you to the Power app management screen. There is a setting there for Show Notifications which is checked. But the setting can't be changed, even after force stopping the app. Though force stopping the app does make the notification disappear till a reboot.

Reactions: NeoteriX
Upvote 0
Well I was concerned after the update because there was some crazy lag but I blame myself.... I know better and should have Hard Reset. Happy to say that after a Hard Reset my phone is fast and smooth. The only problem I have run into so far is I can't connect to my HTC Media Link HD. I messed with it for about an hour last night but will try some more things this weekend.

Upvote 0
Phone updated last night and everything looks good but I have a couple of issues with it. First my small people widget is now gone and I don't want a full page taken up with one. Also the wallpaper doesn't slide while scrolling anymore which isn't a problem but the picker still tries to format for that style with the wings.
Other than that it looks like an improvement is there a way to fix these?

Upvote 0
The update should be out there for everyone when searching for updates, correct? It isn't there for me, says there are no updates. My current version is 4.0.4.

They usually send them out in waves over a couple weeks. If you really really want the update, it is possible to manually update when someone posts the update file.

Upvote 0
So I have the deodexed version installed... Haven't activated it on my line yet. My S3 has been running like a champ. The most important question I have for anyone (and it would help extra if you are in an LtE market). Has the signal improved at all as for as connectivity with data?

I live in an LTE area (and upgraded to JB last night). On my 20 mile drive to work today (almost all interstate) I noticed mostly 4G. The places I didn't have it were places that I didn't get good LTE with ICS, so, first impression, I'd say it seems about the same.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones