Jelly Bean discussion/issues thread (released Dec. 13)Support

1. wacko11

wacko11 Well-Known Member

Go to advance WiFi settings and disable DLNA auto ip
    Go to advance WiFi settings and disable DLNA auto ip
    clamchowderz and dimmis like this.
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Lots are complaining about that connections optimizer on XDA, fwiw, and saying to go without it.
  3. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

Ugh I was afraid of this. It's the new "thing" to prevent perv shots as if there aren't stealth cam apps out there. Otherwise having great luck with the rest of the update, seems to have fixed a lot of small issues I had and the speed and smoothness is great!
    PattiCakeUS likes this.
  4. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

It seems that my battery level goes DOWN FASTER since the upgrade yesterday.

I notice that on the drop down screen, there is a button "Power Saver OM/OFF". What is that? What does it do? Should it be set as on or off?
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

It caps your cpu lower, turns off haptic feedback, lowers screen brightness, and shuts off data while the screen is off.

Google now is going to drain more battery. If you don't want to use it id suggest turning it off.

I just bought an external battery to charge on the go. Problem solved. :D
  6. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Sorry but data off when the screen is off is one of the most stupid ideas ever.
  7. smitty543

smitty543 Well-Known Member

I THOUGHT that Jelly Bean was supposed to be more power efficient. Is that efficiency due to the various functions being turned off, or is it due to more efficient handling of functions? The need to carry an external battery seems to be many steps backward. What am I missing.....

PS: Battery down 12% in 2 hours with Power Saver on!!!
  8. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed the lack of ability to get to that HTC marketplace to download skins or sound sets? Did they just do away with it or did I forget how to actually do that? If I go to the HTC Account under Accounts & sync, it says "Sync is OFF", but there's no option to turn it on or anything like there is for the other accounts.
  9. BOO5TED

BOO5TED Well-Known Member

Anyone know if I can disable the "power save" setting on the notification bar? Having one less thing on it would be great.
  10. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I don't see an option for it, so its gonna be a root only thing probably
  11. tflb

tflb Well-Known Member

When I drag the menu bar down on top it gives me the option to disable power save.
  12. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Well-Known Member Contributor

but how do you get that crap off the notification screen.
  13. dgrobe2112

as mentioned before.. mine is much faster.. dont know bout battery yet.. i did task manager.. and tons of stuff running.. some games i havent even played in months are showing up on there..

other than that.. no issues.. new keyboard is pretty nice.. has swipe as i can see..

task manager shows 800 of a possible 1g.. just like everyone else.. not worried about it..

seems the vibrate on the phone is alot louder.. or harder.. not certain.. but..

i wonder if sprint is doing the connection thing.. with wifi.. because they are the only true unlimited data provider. and in order to make the data as fast as it can.. keep those people who are in wifi on wifi.. vs. on data.. just something to think about..
  14. tflb

tflb Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean??? Just hit your home button.
  15. dgrobe2112

cmon man.. how do you get that off the notification bar.. really..
  16. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Probably will only be able to remove the Power Save from the Pull Down Notification area with Root. There is nowhere in the settings to do that.
  17. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

You can't. I would imagine you need to be root. It's like that stupid Beats icon that shows up whenever you're listening to music.
  18. Will Rickards

Will Rickards Well-Known Member

Hmm, when you long press the power notification you get a pop-up for app info. Click it and it takes you to the Power app management screen. There is a setting there for Show Notifications which is checked. But the setting can't be changed, even after force stopping the app. Though force stopping the app does make the notification disappear till a reboot.
    NeoteriX likes this.
  19. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Well I was concerned after the update because there was some crazy lag but I blame myself.... I know better and should have Hard Reset. Happy to say that after a Hard Reset my phone is fast and smooth. The only problem I have run into so far is I can't connect to my HTC Media Link HD. I messed with it for about an hour last night but will try some more things this weekend.
  20. Tigger 1

Tigger 1 Well-Known Member

Phone updated last night and everything looks good but I have a couple of issues with it. First my small people widget is now gone and I don't want a full page taken up with one. Also the wallpaper doesn't slide while scrolling anymore which isn't a problem but the picker still tries to format for that style with the wings.
    Other than that it looks like an improvement is there a way to fix these?
  21. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

The update should be out there for everyone when searching for updates, correct? It isn't there for me, says there are no updates. My current version is 4.0.4.
  22. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

They usually send them out in waves over a couple weeks. If you really really want the update, it is possible to manually update when someone posts the update file.
    PattiCakeUS and Rxpert83 like this.
  23. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

That you could always disable in all apps in settings. Beats notify or something

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
  24. Duffin

Duffin Well-Known Member

I like the Beats, I just don't like having the notification there.
  25. big_z

big_z Well-Known Member

I live in an LTE area (and upgraded to JB last night). On my 20 mile drive to work today (almost all interstate) I noticed mostly 4G. The places I didn't have it were places that I didn't get good LTE with ICS, so, first impression, I'd say it seems about the same.
    Rxpert83 likes this.