• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

JELLY BEAN FK23 is on the way?

So for the mobile odin method, should i flash the modem and kernel first from recovery since there is no custom recovery? Or will i still be able to use mobile odin afterwards?

As far as I know you cannot flash anything but a Rom.

You don't need to flash anything but the Rom it has the kernel, modem, and everything built into the rom.

They have a 2 rooted versions and 2 stock versions. One you keep your data, the other you lose your data. I recommend the stock no save data Rom with root.

[JB][ODIN][TAR]SPH-D710 FK23 (FK23 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Root/Stock))

That link will give a better way with files linked than the above way I did it.

Upvote 0
Agat63 has a FK23 repack kernel for the JB. That means custom recovery. With custom recovery the Devs can start getting mods in the form of zips, to be flashed. Without custom rcovery it cant be done. Be sure to thank Shadow_God, Agat63 and rwilco for all theyre hard work.......................The agat FK23 repack kernel is supports changing bootanimation, that is gonna make some people muy happy. Mount USB storage not working right now on FK23 Repack but it just came out, give him time. Heres the link to agats FK23 repack kernel.......http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024931

Upvote 0
Yeah I did this earlier, just was looking for "apn" or something similar, and found out it was named something totally different....took me about 5 mins to finally stumble on it. At first I did the other one, the messenging links, then found this one and changed the other one back.
Gonna have ta remember this fix, in case I have mms issues again.

Also had to call boost mobile for the msl number.
I'm guessing it's the same for all boost phones? or is this number just for boost s2 phones or is it specific per phone?

my msl was listed on my activation paperwork I got from Boost Mobile the same day I signed up. It had all my phones info on the printout..

Reactions: cerj
Upvote 0
agat has an fk23 recovery, but....I cannot figure out how to get boot animation or zip files to work in recovery, I flash in recovery but the apps never end up on the phone. Boot animation.zip ends up in the media folder fine, but that stupid Samsung proprietary boot animation file still over rides it.

I'm gonna give the other roms a try and hope they work better.

All I want is to be able to do these 2 things, and it seems like it's the hardest thing to get done LOL

Edit:
I guess from reading others are having issues with agats as well, not only what I seem to be having but with paid apps as well, so gonna go back to just root with stock recovery for now until they get things worked out.

Upvote 0
agat has an fk23 recovery, but....I cannot figure out how to get boot animation or zip files to work in recovery, I flash in recovery but the apps never end up on the phone. Boot animation.zip ends up in the media folder fine, but that stupid Samsung proprietary boot animation file still over rides it.

I'm gonna give the other roms a try and hope they work better.

All I want is to be able to do these 2 things, and it seems like it's the hardest thing to get done LOL

Edit:
I guess from reading others are having issues with agats as well, not only what I seem to be having but with paid apps as well, so gonna go back to just root with stock recovery for now until they get things worked out.

I had trouble until I flashed it from the root of my external SD. No problems now.

Upvote 0
I had trouble until I flashed it from the root of my external SD. No problems now.

So you flashed all your stuff from the root of the sd card? IE: if I move my boot animation to the root it should then work? also same with the zip file?

My bootanimation.zip file was in media, did you flash a custom boot animation or just an app? and did it work

Upvote 0
Well it seems it pertains only to ESFile manager, because I installed Mobile Odin just fine.

New findings I wasn't aware of.

It seems that with JB it's a totally new thing, so I tested my thought and sure enough it worked.

The app install zips I had made were from when I was on ICS, so I remade the zips again while on JB, and sure enough they installed fine. Even ESFile manager worked fine.

I was under the assumption that a zip made would work no matter what, but it seems not so, so now I will have to separate my ICS zips from my JB zips. Glad to know it wasn't something I was doing IE: user error.......for once

So just a lil tidbit for those also having the similar issue

Reactions: cerj
Upvote 0
So you flashed all your stuff from the root of the sd card? IE: if I move my boot animation to the root it should then work? also same with the zip file?

My bootanimation.zip file was in media, did you flash a custom boot animation or just an app? and did it work

Nevermind. It borked a lot of my apps, had to reflash the stock kernel. I guess AGAT has some issues to be ironed out.

Upvote 0
Thanks for confirming alpha2k, there is a deodexed, rooted, modem included with busybox and extended toggles version that Dan at XDA has dropped. These guys are mad fast with mods and such. Please thank Dan, rwilco12 and garwynn these guys work real hard at hookin us up. Also if you can donate to them and stop by team sxtp- developers and do the same....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2018592&page=23....... bottom of page Dan

Just wanna confirm, this is the new fk23 jellybean with root?has anyone flashed this yet?

Upvote 0
Just wanna confirm, this is the new fk23 jellybean with root?has anyone flashed this yet?

I have, and many times LOL, seeing as how I am testing a rom out, but I have another FK23 rom on, this one is done by Mattix.

I have it and extended toggles working, although extended toggles is a bit tricky to get wotrking, but they do work. I can now pick and chose what toggles I want seen in the notification bar. I currently have about 8 toggles now, but there are like 20 total I think, that you can choose from

If you want to take this on let me know and I will provide links to everything and how-to's that I've done

Reactions: mholloway
Upvote 0
I have, and many times LOL, seeing as how I am testing a rom out, but I have another FK23 rom on, this one is done by Mattix.

I have it and extended toggles working, although extended toggles is a bit tricky to get wotrking, but they do work. I can now pick and chose what toggles I want seen in the notification bar. I currently have about 8 toggles now, but there are like 20 total I think, that you can choose from

If you want to take this on let me know and I will provide links to everything and how-to's that I've done
i can give it a shot if no one else wants too,and wanna thank you for your fast reply.

Upvote 0
FK23 Roms:

TEAM REJECTZ
UniverseJB aka Jellyverse v0.2 {FK23}
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2025466

This one isn't FK23 YET, but is being worked on, I am helping test this one so bookmark the page for future reference.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1993102

Mattix724's rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2023404

This one has an extended toggle add on that lets you have like up to 20 working toggles, and you can pick and choose which toggles you ant to have seen in the notification bar, only one that does not work correctly is brightness, but there is a slider, so not a big deal, the rest work.

Upvote 0
To get the toggles to work with the mattix rom do the following steps

Files you will need:
ODIN for the PC: here http://www.android-advice.com/file-downloads.php?filename=Odin

EL29 file is here: Rwilco12's Android Repository
NOTE - To get the power button to work in recovery, scroll to the top of the main menu and hit up, down a couple of times it will then say it's enabled, and you can use your power button to click with....otherwise you use the home button, it's your choice.

ROM File: SPH-D710_FK23_DEODEX_ROOT_BUSYBOX_V3.zip - 496.24 MB in the first post is the link for the download.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2023404

Stock FK23 Kernel only: FK23_JB_STOCK_KERNEL_NOCWM.zip
Rwilco12's Android Repository http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/?dir=Kernels/Stock (TW) Kernels/JB/ZIP

Extended Toggles zip File: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35094283&postcount=235

1: Get into into download / odin mode
(hold power+volume down button at the same time, once the logo is there hit volume up and you are in odin mode or as some call it download mode.)

2: flash EL29 safe recovery kernel via odin pc. Put the TAR file in the PDA slot, leave everything else as it is, and hit start. This will flash a safe recovery to use to install things at first with.

3: Once you odin the EL29 file it should reboot to recovery on it's own

4: Install this rom (mattix deodexed Rom file) because for now, that's all the toggles works on. Flash this by installing it via recovery, in "install zip from sd card" (without quotes) section then scroll down to wherever you have placed that file, and once there click it.

5: Once installed reboot to the phone and let it boot fully. You should see the FK23 rom. This is rooted so if you want to stop here that is fine, you just won't have extended toggles.

(This part is for the extedned toggles)

6: once booted fully, reboot to odin / download mode (see step one)

7: flash EL29 again (see step 2)

8: It will reboot to recovery

9: Install Toggles FK.23.Ext.Toggles.Rev2.zip the same way you installed the rom earlier via recovery.

10: flash FK23 kernel

11: reboot phone and enjoy extended toggles.

Well that should be it.
man writing up how-to is kinda time consuming :).

Hope I didn't miss anything.

Upvote 0
I have no 3g data

Need to flash your modem. Your baseband is probably still on fi22, you need fk23.

Rwilco12's Android Repository

Do the tar via pc odin and you wont have to re-flash the rom. Just out the tar in the pda slot.

Don't forget a lil tip, I totally forgot....I could have saved 2 steps on my flashing toggles, and this works with everything for the most part. You MUST use Fk23 on Fk23 rom though, as no other modem will work, therefor you will not have 3g on Fk23 when useing Fi27 or other modems.

Tip: if you use zip files in recovery, it will save you from having to re-install the kernels with safe recovery again.

In the case of the above, you HAVE to let the phone boot at first. I tried to install the rom then the toggles at the same time and it resulted in a flakey install :(

For the most part though, like at the end, if you use a zip file as apposed to a One Click or tar file, you wills ave steps.

I actually did a tar file at the end so i ended up putting on el29, flashing toggles, rebooting, putting back on el29, flashing the stock kernel again, and rebooting.......instead I could haev and should have just done el29 then toggle+stock kernel (both in zip form) then rebooted.
hope this all made sense lol, it does once you learn all this stuff. I have info overload I think as of late, been doing this in a matter of 3 weeks learning how to flash, what order to flash, how and what to use in what instance, etc.....a TON of learning in a matter of just weeks. I'm a die hard I guess, can't help it

If you are useing a CM10 based rom or basically anything JB and not ICS, I'de recommend useing the FI27 modem. It worked well for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones