• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean, Flash matter!

Lannabulls

Sep 19, 2012
Asus transformer TF300TG
Jelly bean 4.1.1

Got my tablet a couple of months ago with Ice cream Sandwich, the first app that i installed was flash player, via apk download from adobe web site
Flash Player 11.1.for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.20) This is the last update relized by Adobe.
Flash was the first app installed cause some apps installed by default asked for flash. I did install, everything was warking fine since i update to Jelly bean. Since the updater all the apps that i mentioned befor that ask for flash are still working fine except the default browser, it dont work anymore, try to open a web site with flash content, let say a video, instead of the video i see an icon. With Ice Cream default browser was working fine i could display flash contents without any problem, the problem begin sine Jelly Bean update.
I know, Jelly bean dont support flash anymore howeverm how i can read in many forum default browser works with flash without problem.
Can you give some suggetions please in order to solve the matter?
Thanks a lot!

May cause no expereince i miss understand something, thanks!
In my tablet i have 2 browsers:
i installed crome, is the browser that i use as default then the default browser,
i bought my tablet 2 months ago with Ice Cream Sandwich, the default browser was installed by default then i installed crome.
I know that crome for android dont support flash, i'm talking about the default browser.
So what you are telling me is that the default browser (it has a blu world as icon) is crome?

Firefox does support flash? I read that it dosent, do you confirm please that firefox with Yelly Bean support flash?

Sory i dont have esperience with android generally speaking, own my first tablet ever since a couple of months!
Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0
Maybe since you're using a different device, ASUS installed their own internet browser. On Nexus devices like the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus, as far as I know after updating to JellyBean, the internet app (with the blue world icon) disappeared and was replaced by Chrome. Apparently that did not happen on your device for some reason.

Anyway, yes, I hear Firefox supports flash, as well as Skyfire and Dolphin Browsers.

Upvote 0
In my Asus transformer tf300tg since Jelly Bean update i still have the default browser, google serch with the "blu planet heart icon", alongside i have crome, browser that i isntall by myself.

i clean cache, clean system, i have an app that do that, i did cold boot, dafault browser still dont work, dont dislay flash contents.

I'm going to try Dolphin, i was thinking to uninstall flash and reinstall flash however i read that is an operation that is better do not do with Jelly Bean.
What is strange is that, as i told before, flash is the first app that i ever installed cause some apps installed by default, the first time i connect to internet asked for flash, one of these apps is "My Library" app for ebook. Sine Jelly bean update these apps that need flash still work fine as did before update, only the default browser since jelly bean update dont display flash content anymore.

I installed flash by apk, downloaded from Adobe web site:
11.1.115.20,this is the last update for Android relized by Adobe.
In XDA forum i read i thread "[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean"
that mentions a new flash update with number:
11.1-111115012
may is an update made by an indipendent developper, i dont link the thread cause may i go against this forum rules, go to XDA and look for the above mentioned thread in "Android-General", it's stick in the first threads.
Do you know anything about this new update?
Thanks a lot!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones