Jelly Bean for Att... when?General

Last Updated: 2012-12-12 17:58:19
  1. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

Why is taking so long for Att to release Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S3?... they keep saying soon.... soon.. soon... its taking for ever.

Advertisement
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Sdahe... I have moved this into the S3 forum since AT&T works together with the manufacturer to make these updates available, and this one refers to the Samsung Galaxy S3.
  3. motoracer1486

motoracer1486 Well-Known Member

Nobody knows. It's not a life altering event, so relax.
  4. kenfb1

kenfb1 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I'm waiting also. I check for updates every morning!!!
    Ken
  5. NYYFan

NYYFan Well-Known Member

Apparently they are in the final stages of testing and it should be released before the end of the month. This is of course from "inside" sources that other people on xda have heard from. So take that with a vat of salt.
  6. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

As posted by many others in multiple threads, no one here knows any more than you do about the release. As stated, JB is not a life-changing update but there are multiple options for Jelly Bean ROMs if you have to have it now.

I personally have been running Cyanogenmod 10 for over a month now with no issues.
  7. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for your comments
  8. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

I just check my cousins at&t s3 for updates and it says check back in 23 hrs.
  9. motoracer1486

That doesn't mean anything. You can only check once per 24 hours.
  10. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

I hope we get Jelly Bean before Christmas
  11. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

I still haven't even gotten the "other" AT&T update yet.......every time I check it says it can't communicate with the server and to check back again in 24 hours.

I haven't really cared because I don't need the "brightness slider" or whatever is the change....but methinks that something is wrong with my setup and/or AT&T's server. Doesn't seem like they're on speaking terms.
  12. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

Still... No Jelly Bean
  13. lennydude

lennydude Well-Known Member

I feel your "pain".
    Second largest carrier in the USA and Samsung's so called "flagship" phone and we are all left in the dark.
    Oh well.....................from what i read, there seems to be lots of bugs on Jelly Bean OTA, Most say it is not a big update.
    Anyhow...........sure would be nice if either Samsung or AT&T could let us know something............................

Also, if you stop and think about it........if AT&T releases a "buggy" update, THEY are the ones that would have to do the customer service for all the issues. That alone would be a reason for AT&T to wait until the update is a solid one.
  14. luv89cho

luv89cho Member

Ugh I hate AT&T for real.
    Some people say they are dragging this because they wanna sell more Note 2's and not offend Apple at the same time. (Geez)

Whatever. This is unacceptable. T-mobile and Sprint have it already.

I personally do not want to root my phone so I am waiting patiently...

I really hope the upgrade comes before the end of November.
    And, if, if they release 4.2 right away instead of 4.1, I will be really happy and forget about this slow update.

But oh well, it's AT&T after all.
  15. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

It will be ready when it's ready, and people will still complain about it and there will be a forum full of requests on how to go back to ICS. And i believe they said the release would be in 2013, so no need to check for it everyday
  16. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

This is why I'm thinking on buying a Nexus 4... no problem with updates
  17. motoracer1486

And sprint and tmobile have a lot of bugs in 4.1. I'm glad att is taking their time to hopefully get the bugs out before they send it to our phones.
  18. johnnylighton

johnnylighton Well-Known Member

Right, it's not like we're waiting for a game changer like ICS. I'll take a less-buggy JB update if that's what they're taking their time on.

But if it's because they want to sell other phones, then I would agree that they'd suck.
  19. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

Why would Samsung send a buggie software?... isn't it finish and already tested by Samsung before they send the Jelly Bean to Att
  20. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

Google publish's JB. Then Samsung gets it to do their thing. Then it goes to AT & T for them to mess with it. Its a wonder any phones get updates at all.
  21. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

Yes... that's what I was told. Maybe thats why it takes so long.

Maybe I'll just sell me Galaxy S3 and get me a Nexus 4. It looks like a very nice device
  22. Pappy35

Pappy35 Well-Known Member

If you could find one...
  23. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

No love for VZW either.

I can root, but this is the first phone im not in a rush to root, its just so great.

Looking forward to finally getting the update though.
  24. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

if you get the nexus youll have 4.2, which has a lot of problems from what people say. and yea the nexus 4 is sold out everywhere, and not that great of a device in my opinion. people may way too much out of the android updates, 95% of people wont be able to tell a difference at all

and before the apple comment comes out, apple updates break old phones too. and most people i know that have iphones refuse to get ios6.

like ive said multiple times on this board, dont buy a phone for future updates, but it for what it has when you get it. you can never count on updates
  25. Sdahe

Sdahe Well-Known Member

The only thing that has my attention about the Jelly Bean update is the project butter... I want to see how smooth it gets