Jelly Bean google search?

Last Updated:

1. Dr. Dank

Dr. Dank Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. Dr. Dank

Thank you. Can you help me, do I do the instructions on my phone or on the computer with my phone plugged in?
  3. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

On your phone, which needs to be rooted.
  4. Dr. Dank

Cool thanks. I'll give it a try now
  5. b72roc

b72roc Member

did it work? Do you just flash it?
  6. thebryceee

Just so you guys know, the voice search is fully working now for the jelly bean voice search. It talks back to you and everything like it's supposed to.
    chadyboy81 likes this.
  7. AngryTeddyBear

AngryTeddyBear Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten it to actually talk back to me. I have it installed working, but no voice. Can you help? :eek:
  8. thebryceee

Did you copy all the libs, system apps and that srec folder?
  9. Spritey

Spritey Well-Known Member

It's working for me, but it's kind of annoying that the voice search in the Google Now app doesn't work. You have to exit back to the home screen and use the regular Google widget every time you want to search something.
  10. thebryceee

Mine works....

Did you reboot before using?
  11. itza

itza Member

Yea working great for me
  12. Spritey

Yeah. I click the mic within the Google Now app and it just says "Sorry, didn't catch that". I'm gonna try wiping the cache+dalvik and see if that does anything
  13. Spritey

Nope, still not working. Are you sure you guys are getting the mic WITHIN the Google Now app to work?
  14. thebryceee

Yup. Flashes red around the mic every time I do a voice search. I'm using the native voice search function, not the work around app that someone made.
  15. thebryceee

I just used speech to text on my keyboard and realized we now have offline TTS. Woot!
    chadyboy81 likes this.
  16. chadyboy81

chadyboy81 Well-Known Member

This is awesome I love cool new updates I used root explorer to install both search quick box & voice! Nice find bro
  17. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

The search works but it is not talking back to me..any ideas? I used the flashable zip
  18. itza

itza Member

Did you check the voice settings and make sure Voice output is on "always" instead of just hands free?
  19. russhoopes

russhoopes Active Member

Works great if you install all of the files correctly, do a barrel roll works now lol, also when the google now screen is up and you say "google" voice search will automatically start. Very nice.
  20. thebryceee

It isn't a flashable zip. The op isnt updated, you have to go through the last few pages to get the right files and know where to put them.
  21. phw8558

Yes but someone made a flashable zip. Ok, yeah I tried reading through the last few pages but wasn't clear on what they were instructing to do with the zips. Do you extract on the computer then move them to the phone? :confused:

..NM think I got it..will report back if voice back is fixed for me
  22. russhoopes

russhoopes Active Member

EXTRACT FILES AND ADD THEM THIS IS NOT FLASHABLE
    The Google Now for ICS Project. [UPDATE 7/19][VOICE WORKAROUND][APK AND ZIP] - Page 244 - xda-developers

Originally Posted by gachana
    Thank you very much lenny_kano it worked for me perfectly. You are a great developer! I am now very happy to have a fully functioning google now! Everything works on my HTC sensation sense 4 Vipers 1.1.
    For those of you who were unable to make it work, if you just put only the Velvet apk in system/app it force closes. Follow this step and hope it works for you until someone can prepare a flashable zip.
    I followed the following steps and it worked for me and do not forget to backup before you start.
    jdt265 likes this.
  23. phw8558

Yes thanks I did come across those shortly before you posted. I have tried that way and flashable zip..everything works EXCEPT voice back:confused: I'm on midnight rom. Maybe I will start completely from scratch later and try it again.

Do you change any permissions for the TTS file?