Jelly Bean is coming!

Last Updated: 2013-03-13 19:44:49
  1. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

Apparently all Android device manufacturers are gearing up to release Jelly Bean to current Orange android devices during October.

I agree there isnt much information in that small statement as to which devices are getting it but I will try to keep you posted ;)

Advertisement
  2. Galaxynote_guy

Galaxynote_guy Well-Known Member

Note 1 *looks around and shrugs* :D
  3. thorahird

thorahird Well-Known Member

As I mentioned in another thread in this forum, I received an unbranded, unlocked phone from Orange. I won't get an Orange update filling my phone with bloatware through Kies will I?

Actually, there's a 'software update' option under the 'about phone' menu, do I even need to use Kies? Is that on over-the-air update? I've just confused myself thinking about it now, ha.
  4. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

I also have an unbranded device from work which didn't get any Orange branding on my update to ICS. You shouldnt get any Orange software on the device if you update through Kies or OTA ;)

Not 100% sure but Samsung don't allow users to update over the air unless it's a Google Nexus or something which do get OTA updates as it's a samsung device with a different name on it.
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  5. thorahird

thorahird Well-Known Member

COol, thanks.
  6. Galaxynote_guy

I had to use Kies to get my ICS update. The OTA just told me that teh phone was upto date. I don't think it's a branding thing as I have recieved OTA updates before... small ones. Maybe it's a size thing ;)
  7. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

Samsung pick and choose which updates are available OTA, however full firmware updates are done via Kies ;)
  8. dnapro

dnapro Well-Known Member

Updates are starting from Monday October 15th.
  9. happyarthur79

happyarthur79 Well-Known Member

Any sign of EE pushing out JB yet dude?
  10. They have only just pushed ICS to my Razr Maxx, has anyone got Jelly Bean yet or any more information on what phones will get it and when?
  11. Internaut

Internaut Well-Known Member

As of this morning, I note that hell still hasn't frozen over; therefore no Jelly Bean update for Orange S3 owners.
    Volitalis likes this.
  12. rocker1984

rocker1984 New Member

I talked to a orange customer service person last week and they told me the upade should be out over the next month or next year
  13. Volitalis

Volitalis Member

Thanks for this. It saves me having to load up Kies to look for an update. I'm getting pretty impatient now. Any help as to when we'll be getting JB will be greatly appreciated.
  14. Galaxynote_guy

Came the statement at the beginning of October

*Looks around and shrugs again*
    I know that you were only trying to help and passing on what you'd been told but yet again...... it turned out to be pure rubbish. It's rediculous :mad: Every single product launch, upgrade, event, you name it..... Manufacturers, service providers, the whole damn circus is rife with incompetency and it'll never change.

Some idiots even call this a good thing as it "Inspires Innovation". No it doesn't, it breeds impossible deadlines which in turn breeds cover ups, lies and rumours.

My industry works on the premise of under promise and over deliver. You guys are the polar opposite. It's a disgrace that would see my company go out of business

*Rant Over* :D
  15. Internaut

16. Galaxynote_guy

Great..... I really hate Apple ;)
  17. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

That Apple suit only applies to JellyBean on the Galaxy Nexus. It should have no impact on any of the other manufacturers.
  18. Internaut

Ummmm...... You're not taking into the account the lengths to which Britain's biggest French mobile network to be last with the update (by a wide margin) :).
  19. tonybhoy

tonybhoy New Member

i already have JB on my s2,just root your phone and you'll have it :D
  20. Galaxynote_guy

I don't want to root the phone....just yet.... I would rather know what happened to the updates that were due from the 15th October.......
  21. Galaxynote_guy

*Watches the tumbleweed blow majestically by......* :mad:
  22. djslapper

djslapper New Member

Well according to Orange on the 4th November we would be hearing something within 3 weeks as they were finally testing the quick tap feature using jellybean on the s3.............
    Asked yesterday and they cant give a release date - still.
  23. Galaxynote_guy

Can you imagine ANYTHING in life, being 2 months late? Getting paid, moving house, paying a bill, starting a job, setting up a business, you name it.
    It is the ONLY industry I know of where it is acceptable and even planned for. Nothing I can do about it but stating my disgust sure makes me feel better ;)
  24. Internaut

Just had a DM from the Orange Helpers. They say it's approved and will be available via Keis soon. If you've not run Keis for a while, I suggest you run it up and let it do all of its updates (Samsung upates Keis regularly, for obvious reasons). Oh, and it's best not to have your phone connected when Keis is updating itself.....
  25. rocker1984

rocker1984 New Member

just phoned orange there are saying now the jelly bean is only compatible on the LTE and not on the normal s3