Jelly bean issues anyone?General

1. slugger09

slugger09 Well-Known Member

I updated to the Nordic version of 4.1.2, while it looks fantastic I have founf it eats battery life and thats with wifi etc turned off when not being used. It lasts half as long as ICS so somethings eating the battery, I also found the screen gets very hot when on, especially in the top left hand corner. I installed the Netherlands version today and its exactly the same and yes I did a wipe etc.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

If you did a FULL wipe, Internal and External memories plus a Factory Reset, and you were experiencing these problems, before restoring any app's whatsoever, on two different ROM's then you may well have a hardware problem.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Hi

I have updated to the Nordic 4.1.2 version and have read tons about folks who have battery issues. I have never wiped/factory reset since I bought my phone with GB installed - I did clear the Devilich Cache or whatever it is called once - this doesn't wipe your phone but it did sort out a minor battery overheating issue I had when I upgraded to ICS.
  4. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

Jelly Bean is a big jump from Ice Cream Sandwich.
    I suggest you back up all important files(contacts, messages, app data, etc) and do a full wipe from 3e Recovery( hold VolUp+Home+Power).

By the way, are you rooted? Because if you are, you might want to try Neat Rom XWLSD. :)
  5. Kimi The Worm

Kimi The Worm Member

The only issue I have found with the Samsung Rom is my haptic feedback disappeared after using the power saving mode. Even with it re-enabled under power saving and sound it did nothing.

Factory reset and all was good