• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean Keyboard

I wish I could find an Android keyboard that works well for me. :(

With Swiftkey, I get about 50-60% accuracy. On my iPhone, I get like 95% accuracy.

I tried Swype, too, but can't get used to it.

I couldnt agree more with your comment. I was extremely accurate with my iPhone and ive tried the standard keyboard and swift. Each has its own negatives imo. If you find something let me know

Upvote 0
I wish I could find an Android keyboard that works well for me. :(

With Swiftkey, I get about 50-60% accuracy. On my iPhone, I get like 95% accuracy.

I tried Swype, too, but can't get used to it.

Same here...right now I switch between swiftkey3, Swype beta, and the jelly bean keyboard. I like certain things about all of them but none of them come close to an iPhone keyboard. Somehow, even with that tiny screen, I could type like a maniac on that thing. Right now I mostly use Swype, but it has its weaknesses.

Upvote 0
Same here...right now I switch between swiftkey3, Swype beta, and the jelly bean keyboard. I like certain things about all of them but none of them come close to an iPhone keyboard. Somehow, even with that tiny screen, I could type like a maniac on that thing. Right now I mostly use Swype, but it has its weaknesses.

The problem im having is that swift doesnt do autocorrect. It did when i first got it but now it doesnt. The i doesnt capitalize automatically and it would allow me to write dont instead of correcting it to don't. Does swype fix these things?

Upvote 0
I don't know if you want to experiment any more? I've downloaded the beta version of Swype after I registered on their website www.swype.com (gave them my e-mail, and set up a password). They sent a link and then you can download and try it. I'm a huge fan of Swype. You may be interested in it once you evaluate it.

Ok coming from an iPhone I can easily say that Swype is working better for me. It's auto correcting my words perfectly fine. However, two things I have issues with. First I find a bit of lag as I'm a rapid typer. Second, spacebar is too small lol. Any idea on how to make it bigger?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones