1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Jelly Bean KeyboardSupport

1. bigholly

bigholly Active Member

Can anyone help? I downloaded the software from Play and it seems to install but when going into Language and input and Keyboards it doesnt appear.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. alexander323bc

alexander323bc Well-Known Member

UMMMM it should be there. Look in your applications manager see if is there then report back.
  3. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

Swiftkey 3. Best keyboard i ever used on a droid phone.
  4. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Worked for me on my Note. Maybe uninstall and reinstall?
  5. IFLOPPEDIT

IFLOPPEDIT New Member

this, hands down (pun intended)
  6. yossikfir

yossikfir Member

i tried to install Hebrew on the original keyboard, anyone Succeeded with that?
  7. snart

snart Active Member

I wish I could find an Android keyboard that works well for me. :(

With Swiftkey, I get about 50-60% accuracy. On my iPhone, I get like 95% accuracy.

I tried Swype, too, but can't get used to it.
  8. noisydroid

noisydroid Active Member

I couldnt agree more with your comment. I was extremely accurate with my iPhone and ive tried the standard keyboard and swift. Each has its own negatives imo. If you find something let me know
  9. Roll-Tide

Roll-Tide Well-Known Member

Same here...right now I switch between swiftkey3, Swype beta, and the jelly bean keyboard. I like certain things about all of them but none of them come close to an iPhone keyboard. Somehow, even with that tiny screen, I could type like a maniac on that thing. Right now I mostly use Swype, but it has its weaknesses.
  10. mpavlansky

mpavlansky Well-Known Member

I don't know if you want to experiment any more? I've downloaded the beta version of Swype after I registered on their website www.swype.com (gave them my e-mail, and set up a password). They sent a link and then you can download and try it. I'm a huge fan of Swype. You may be interested in it once you evaluate it.
    noisydroid likes this.
  11. noisydroid

noisydroid Active Member

The problem im having is that swift doesnt do autocorrect. It did when i first got it but now it doesnt. The i doesnt capitalize automatically and it would allow me to write dont instead of correcting it to don't. Does swype fix these things?
  12. noisydroid

noisydroid Active Member

Ok coming from an iPhone I can easily say that Swype is working better for me. It's auto correcting my words perfectly fine. However, two things I have issues with. First I find a bit of lag as I'm a rapid typer. Second, spacebar is too small lol. Any idea on how to make it bigger?