• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly Bean OTA Update For LG Venice

this is incredibly frustrating,
my battery life in the first place sucked but now after finally installing the new update, i plug in my phone and the battery notification doesn't change. the phone somewhat acknowledges that it's plugged in and says "charging" even though it's not. the battery keeps draining. i tried via my computer and my charger, both the same.

last night i decided to see if it'd charge while powered off, also took out the battery several times, and even though the battery symbol on the phone while turned off & charging didn't move, it charged fine.

i also did a factory reset and that didn't do anything.

:/

Upvote 0
Hello, I was wondering if any body else has this problem. My girlfriend and I have the same phone LG venice, we were both sent the newest update to install. Since the install the phone will not charge from a car charger, only when plugged into the wall outlet. Also some phone sound options have been greyed out like changing the ring tone.

Upvote 0
Hello,

My LG venice was working great on Ice Cream Sandwhich but when I updated it to Jelly Bean after it became available, I noticed it started lagging considerably that same day. To the point where it would take nearly 2 minutes to open and send a text! (Something I was able to do in a matter of seconds before the update). It also took a very long time to load my contacts to make calls and just generally lagged while using apps.

I performed a factory reset and downloaded a few of my previous apps (not all of them) which is what I thought you were supposed to do if your phone was experiencing "glitches". It seemed to work at first but now 3 days after the factory reset and 4 days after the Jelly Bean upgrade, it is lagging again.

Is anyone else having this problem or did I do something wrong?...Please help!

Upvote 0
Hello,

My LG venice was working great on Ice Cream Sandwhich but when I updated it to Jelly Bean after it became available, I noticed it started lagging considerably that same day. To the point where it would take nearly 2 minutes to open and send a text! (Something I was able to do in a matter of seconds before the update). It also took a very long time to load my contacts to make calls and just generally lagged while using apps.

I performed a factory reset and downloaded a few of my previous apps (not all of them) which is what I thought you were supposed to do if your phone was experiencing "glitches". It seemed to work at first but now 3 days after the factory reset and 4 days after the Jelly Bean upgrade, it is lagging again.

Is anyone else having this problem or did I do something wrong?...Please help!

A lot of issues with the damn update. Try a hard factory reset. (Boot phone holding power + volume down + home button)

Upvote 0
Hello, I was wondering if any body else has this problem. My girlfriend and I have the same phone LG venice, we were both sent the newest update to install. Since the install the phone will not charge from a car charger, only when plugged into the wall outlet. Also some phone sound options have been greyed out like changing the ring tone.

Strange...I'm not even sure a hard factory reset will fix this, worth a shot.

Upvote 0
Hi. Recently installed jellybean update and now i cant access my camera, wifi is slow as heck, nothing involving the LED works and i cant make voice calls on skype, yahoo, etc. Did a factory reset. It worked for a couple minutes then glitched out again. Sometimes if i restart my phone, those features will work again for awhile. Certainly don't want to have to wait for my phone to come on again every time tho! Anyone know if bug fixes will be available soon. So annoyed. Phones only 2 months old. And i do have an LG Venice. Just realized my profile still indicates my old phone. Thank you!

Upvote 0
Virus Found in one of JJPR97's links?

Hmm.PNG

Upvote 0
Virus Found in one of JJPR97's links?

Hmm.PNG

I've had it on my computer for a long time, no viruses harmed.

Scan with my antivirus (entire KDZ folder):
2v1al40.png

I hate AVG for that reason, apparently everything is a virus, People use KDZ a lot, therefore it's not a virus. It could be a 'hacking virus', but I don't see why in KDZ. Key generators often contain those 'viruses', but it's not really a virus.

Original Link for KDZ files from: http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/654009-guide-unbrick-lg-lucid.html

(See step 2 for original download)

Original Link for Original Firmware LG downloader came from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1073827

Virus Total Scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...3ae88cea7b3415f3598950706266822257f/analysis/
Only 4 (out of 47) caught a 'virus'. 2 of the antiviruses that detected it as a virus (Norman and AVG) both suck...the last two probably the same deal, the file is NOT harmful, it's used everywhere! (Literally...just google 'KDZ'.)

Some were detected (The same file that got detected I scanned), It contains a trojan, but is isn't dangerous If I've had it on my PC so long. Not only that, KDZ is used a lot, so it's safe.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Hi. Recently installed jellybean update and now i cant access my camera, wifi is slow as heck, nothing involving the LED works and i cant make voice calls on skype, yahoo, etc. Did a factory reset. It worked for a couple minutes then glitched out again. Sometimes if i restart my phone, those features will work again for awhile. Certainly don't want to have to wait for my phone to come on again every time tho! Anyone know if bug fixes will be available soon. So annoyed. Phones only 2 months old. And i do have an LG Venice. Just realized my profile still indicates my old phone. Thank you!

I wasn't aware the venice had an LED. Is there a different version other than the one I have that does?

Upvote 0
Well, yeah, it says the Venice is compatible, but can anyone actually verify that they successfully updated their LG730 without bricking it?

I definitely won't be using it again. Sure, it could have been a freak thing or a coincidence, but I don't want to take the chance again.

I did successfully update my LG Venice! I had absolutely no problem at all! I was really surprised to see how many people had problems updating this phone, because I absolutely love my/LG venice!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones