• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jelly bean question

Hey guys I have a new atrix hd with bell just did the maxxx battery hack love to so amazing, next I am looking to root to use some root only apps I know there's not any roms ect yet I am currently running the original ics I guess and it's asking me to upgrade to the new jellybean, do I upgrade to it is there a root available or get it rooted like it is now and just don't do the update?

Hello Montedroidss!
Looks like the forum we have does not have a root method for your Atrix, but I did see this about the rooting for it when on ICS but not JB.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1785401

From what I understand, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, if you are planning on rooting, don't accept any updates and then after rooting, do not accept updates either.....just find the custom rom with the updates baked into it:)

Hope I helped a little bit anyways:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones