1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Jelly Bean release updateGeneral

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Before anyone starts complaining that it is the last day of November and that Samsung have not officially released Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2, for the Galaxy S2... can I point out that November was only their provisional date and not set in stone. See link...

Official Jelly Bean update arriving for Galaxy S III in October & Galaxy S II in November

[​IMG]

Also, let us not forget, that this would only be the beginning of the roll out. As with ICS, different locations, operators and models of phones will not all get it on launch day. If you have operator branded phones, it will depend on your carrier adding their bloatware and returning it to Samsung for release. As for different locations, these require permissions and approval from the various telecommunications authorities that govern those areas. ICS upgrades were still being released 7 or 8 months after the first release.

It would appear that whilst the leaked version, XXLSJ, is performing perfectly for everybody, Samsung have a later version in the pipeline, XXLSP, and that they may have chosen to launch with this version.

For those of you who absolutely, cannot possibly, must have, at any cost, Jelly Bean immediately... there's post #1, here. ;)

Advertisement
    :
    tonybear and SCPadgeebar like this.
  2. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member

May I ask something about these leaked firmwares?

It takes 2 or more leaked versions before they actually roll out the official one, right?
    That's the thing I observed when me and my bud was waiting and watching for JB for his S3.
  3. ironass

I've never, ever, heard that there must be at least two, "leaked", releases before there is an official update.
  4. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Tell it like it is Ironass. I'm glad you jumped in.

Moaning, speculating and spreading Internet gossip is daft. Official Samsung JB will come when it comes. Just be thankful we are actually getting it.
    ironass likes this.
  5. ironass

I posted that in an attempt to stop all the, "Moaning Minnies", from beating their breasts, crying, weeping and wailing and saying that Samsung promised that they would definitely have an update to Jelly Bean in November... they did not! ;)
  6. SCPadgeebar

SCPadgeebar Well-Known Member