Jelly Bean soak test going out soonGeneral

1. Methos1979

Methos1979 Well-Known Member

According to a post over on Droidrzr.com at least in the RAZR HD section. Anyone here sign up to be a soak tester?

Advertisement
    :
  2. kmf

kmf Well-Known Member

If we did, we are not supposed to say.
  3. JimPap

JimPap Member

What's a soak test?

Is that the same as dropping it in a toilet? :)
  4. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member Contributor

Actually...you are not suppose to delve details during the actual soak test. You can talk about it leading up to it. I am on the list for the test.
  5. tbhausen

tbhausen Well-Known Member

No, you're not supposed to talk about it period.
  6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

First rule of Soak Test...
  7. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

How do you download this?
  8. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

9. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member Contributor

I know what a non-disclosure agreement is. My point is that you can discuss the soak test in that it is a soak test not the specifics of it. When we receive the emails of it starting which directs us to unroot, unfreeze apps, etc, then it comes into effect of not disclosing any information to the public. Feedback at that point is directly with Motorola which becomes property of Motorola.
  10. radzer0

radzer0 Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna chime in here and say if it's a Motorola test and not a Verizon test. Don't expect it until Dec 2013
  11. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

That's hilarious!

The razr soak test (first gen razr) happened earlier this year, and IIRC it came out like 2 weeks later OTA.

What say you now? :D
  12. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

Really?

Here's a link to the Motorola software update page.

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

The razr HD and Maxx HD are listed to get JB before 2013. I would read that as getting JB in December 2012. However, if it snuck into Jan. 2013 I wouldn't be overly surprised. But December of 2013? Nahhh!

Remember the Razr M that was released just weeks before the Razr HD and Maxx HD got JB this month. :smokingsomb:
  13. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

14. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

That's because users do random crap that testers cant account for. Verizon doesn't develop the software, only approves for release and carries the data to the phone.
  15. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

I realize they don't develop the software, but they do test the heck out of it before it's allowed to be released. And their testing is notoriously long compared to other providers so its a little frustrating to still have those minor issues.

I'm not really complaining, just reminding everyone of that point before we start seeing threads like "Jelly Bean ruined my phone" or "how can I go back to ICS."
  16. seVer

seVer Well-Known Member

ah. I didn't read it that way- more like a "vzw does all this testing and there's STILL problems" gripe.

I understand what you meant now!