Jelly Bean Source Being Released TODAY!!!

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. frenchy714

Exciting times indeed.....
  3. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Yes... yes it is. Can't wait to see AOKP release a build.

P.S. You beat me to posting this, darn you school.
    frenchy714 likes this.
  4. frenchy714

I got clarification on source being dropped and for us toroplus users, we still don't have our binaries, only verizon (toro) does. Which means we'll still need to hack our way into receiving MMS, etc.
  5. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Good stuff. Can't wait to see what's developed.

I think now I'm going to have to start flashing jb now.
  6. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

So how long does that typically take? And what about kernels?
  7. frenchy714

Not sure but I'm sure we'll see updated JB ROM's as soon as late tonight or tomorrow morning. As long as source is available (even if not for our specific devices), we'll be fine. Look at what ACS did with a JB preview!!! This ROM (with the exception of MMS, which we have a fix for) is FLAWLESS!

As for kernels, we already have JB kernels that are the truth as is right now! With source available, they will just keep getting better.
    MizzouBrent and AARONONE like this.
  8. MizzouBrent

Ok cool. I read this from android police. What does it mean? Does the Sprint galaxy nexus not get full aosp support?

Sprint Had This To Say About AOSP Support For Galaxy Nexus http://andp.lc/PK2ArE
  9. frenchy714

I don't know.....I keep reading different things. Personally I think we will (in time), but at the end of the day, none of that matters. Same thing happened to the NS4G, it's not officially supported, and it didn't change anything; just like it won't change anything on the Gnex.
  10. MizzouBrent

So does that mean official jelly bean support would come later?
  11. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

keyword being "later" :)
  12. frenchy714

I'm assuming so.....the Gnex *is* a Google phone, it would only make sense to. In the meantime we'll have near perfect ports popping up and awesome ROM's to play with.
  13. MizzouBrent

But does this limit the ability of the phone to get lte or anything?
  14. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

The Android OS version? No. Whenever Sprint turns on the LTE network, our GNex phones (even on ICS) should be able to connect to it.
  15. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Anyone want to join me in lobbying Sprint's facebook for AOSP support like we did to HTC when they locked bootloaders?

[​IMG]
  16. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

nice sounds good i think.
  17. MizzouBrent

Sure. I guess I still don't get what difference it makes for Sprint. What are they trying to protect? If the ports work and all the software updates still roll out, then what difference does it make? Does the phone lose any functionality by not being part of the AOSP?

LTE would be my main concern. I'm fortunate enough to live in one of the launch LTE cities, so as long as that work and all other aspects of the phone work just like you would expect with a Nexus phone, then I guess I can live with that.

Brimming with questions now....upgrading soon and I don't want to jump on this phone only to find out that there are drawbacks with it not being part of AOSP.
  18. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

now maybe texting will work ....the fixes arent proving reliable...but im more dependent than most maybe.but great for us and not so great for apple ...but apples just stalling is all so it worked against apple....bullies dont aways win.lol..great google save samsung and ur self..may the force b with u.lol
  19. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I think that being AOSP would be less work for sprint..? I mean, they would only have to release the binaries for the device right? Then google or devs take care of everything else. I think - correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think it loses 'functionality', but definitely timely updates - which IMO is a pretty big feature of the nexus line.

I feel I should follow this up by just saying that I too don't have the phone, and these are just my things that I'm thinking at 1 am. ;)
    AARONONE likes this.
  20. frenchy714

Like I've said many times before (and truly do believe), we'll be alright....I mean, look how far we've come already since JB source has dropped!
    AARONONE likes this.