• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean, sync Gmail, conctacts dont work!

Lannabulls

Sep 19, 2012
Asus Transformer TF300TG
Jelly Bean 4.1.1

4 Days a go i received automatic update to , download, installed it, everything fine except for my Gmail syncronization.
I Select my Gmail account from setting, the Accounts & Sync page and i got a Sync Error.
My sync email has a red icon, click, open it, "Gmail" and "Conctacts" on the list have a gray icon, they are not in sync, the other voices as calendar, etc are sync and work fine, only "Gmail" and "conctacts" are experiencing problem.
At the bottom of screen a message worning me that "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

I never got this problem with Ice Cream, it begun since the Jelly Bean update.
I read in forums that many people are experiencing the same very problem, however i did not find solutions jet.

What about your device with Jelly Bean and gmail sync, are you experiencing the same problem?
Any solutions?
Thank a lot!!!!!

I had some problems with sync after flashing different ROMs and custom kernels. I can usually resolve this by deleting the Google account in settings > accounts. To remove touch your listed account and then the 3 vertical squares and select 'Remove...' from the drop-down menu. You'll be warned that there is no backup account, but that's ok. When done simply press the + sign in accounts and follow the instructions to setup your existing account. All should start to sync now. If this doesn't work I'm affraid you might have to do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
Thank a lot,
very helpfull!!!!!

Try to delate gmail account and insert it again, let see what happen.
If i will force to do factory reset, never before, just bought the tablet a month ago, my first ever, i will have a tablet as the first time that i boughjt it, what about Jelly Bean?
I mean, i bought the tablet with ice cream sandwich then i update to Jelly last week, if i do fcatory reset i wll get again the auto update to jelly bean right? No experience sorry about my silly questions!
About installed apps, they are sync with my gmail account, once factory reset is done i connect to internet, sync account and google play is remembering all the apps that i bought, installed and i can install them again right?

Thank a lot!!!!

Upvote 0
Thank a lot,
very helpfull!!!!!

Try to delate gmail account and insert it again, let see what happen.
If i will force to do factory reset, never before, just bought the tablet a month ago, my first ever, i will have a tablet as the first time that i boughjt it, what about Jelly Bean?
I mean, i bought the tablet with ice cream sandwich then i update to Jelly last week, if i do fcatory reset i wll get again the auto update to jelly bean right? No experience sorry about my silly questions!
About installed apps, they are sync with my gmail account, once factory reset is done i connect to internet, sync account and google play is remembering all the apps that i bought, installed and i can install them again right?

Thank a lot!!!!

If you do a factory reset it will install the last system, i.e. JB again fresh - it won't install ICS and then JB; it will be JB.

Yes, all your previously installed apps will sync back and get installed on your phone as before. The only thing that you need to do is re-enter any passwords that your apps may require and the screen layouts you had before. You may want to backup your SD-card content to your PC (simply copy and past to a folder on your PC, then when you did the factory reset copy and past all the files and folders back to the SD-card location on your phone).

Upvote 0
I had some problems with sync after flashing different ROMs and custom kernels. I can usually resolve this by deleting the Google account in settings > accounts. To remove touch your listed account and then the 3 vertical squares and select 'Remove...' from the drop-down menu. You'll be warned that there is no backup account, but that's ok. When done simply press the + sign in accounts and follow the instructions to setup your existing account. All should start to sync now. If this doesn't work I'm affraid you might have to do a factory reset.
Heat,
Help. How is a factory reset done?

Upvote 0
Heat,
Help. How is a factory reset done?

... 'Settings' > 'Backup & restore' > Factory data reset. Beware, everything will be wiped including any pictures, music, files - so backup anything you don't want to loose to yur PC. Google mail, contacts and calendar events are automatically synced to your Google account (that's if you enbaled it).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones