Jelly Bean Update 4.1.2Support

1. transitmike1

transitmike1 Active Member

Hello I think i have a problem i installed the leakes version of the jelly bean for Sprint on my Galay S2 and it came preloaded with the sprint applications how do i continue to use the jelly bean update and have apps like mobile ID and Boost Zone

Advertisement
  2. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Someone actually uses the bloatware apps?! One of the first things I did once I rooted my phone was to get rid of that stuff. I even killed off the Sprint versions of the bloatware when I installed JB. However, if you actually want that sruff you could always go back to stock FI22. There is a one click install for it in the repository.
  3. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member

The easiest way would prolly be backup the Boost apps in Titanium Backup (you did make a Nandroid, didn't you?) then reinstalling Boost apps after updating to JB.
    donna1968 likes this.
  4. Codegerm

Got to love Titanium Backup :)
  5. transitmike1

transitmike1 Active Member

I went back to fl22 because i software bricked my phone. I am going to wait for the official jelly bean update thanks all
  6. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

My battery is too low to check the ota update. Anybody update yet?
  7. Codegerm

If you are on FI22 then it is the update to FL24. I myself am on GA10 now which is Jelly Bean.
  8. Savage Shadows

Savage Shadows Well-Known Member

But your GA10 is not officially released yet, right? And yes, it was FL24
  9. Codegerm

Yes, but I am not waiting for them to eventually put out JB to our phones. By the time they do it, JB won't be new anymore lol.
  10. Warlord698

Warlord698 Well-Known Member

and it still won't be new for a while after that since the official version will be 4.1.2 and the newest is 4.2
  11. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

There is an update right now and it just about fubar'ed my phone. Had to use Odin to go back to stock and now it's updating again through FH29 and FL22...

I think it's meant to patch the exploit. Don't install it if you're already rooted.
  12. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

Screen shot.

Attached Files:

13. Codegerm

I turn off my a phones update checking. It just causes hassle if you are rooted or have apps that aren't compatible with the update.

Yeah it is supposed to patch the exploit , but you can still root your phone with Odin if you have updated to FL24. :)
  14. greg schmeg

greg schmeg Guest

Is ga10 jb 4.1.2?
  15. Codegerm

Yes