1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Jelly bean update 4.3General

1. Wayne Ridgway

Wayne Ridgway Well-Known Member

I understand that samsung has pushed out the 4.3 update for the galaxy s4 gt-i505 snapdragon version today but on unlock phones but does anyone know when the update will come out for the Vodafone galaxy s4?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

I just quote myself here from another thread
    It's the same with every update. Nobody knows apart from the carrier.
  3. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

4. Danjester

Danjester Member

Just checked for the update on my unbranded handset, got a message saying "maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded"
  5. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

See, here...

Unless you are running the German firmware, Product code DBT and CSC code OXA, you currently won't get it as this is, so far, the only 4.3 to be released. Depending on your model of S4 and carrier, see 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?, it could be several months before it is released for your phone.
  6. vpwrf

vpwrf Active Member

Can someone explain why there's so much demand for JB 4.3? What's so good about 4.3 on the S4?
  7. miggymiggs

miggymiggs New Member

Hear me out folks, I installed JB 4.3 on my s4 9505 from reason I prefered my s4 how it was if I delete the ROM would it boot up with the default 4.2.2 what the phone came with?
  8. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

you can't 'delete the rom' - you will need to find the stock ROM for your phone/carrier, and flash that (the same way you installed the 4.3 version)
    miggymiggs likes this.
  9. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Because it is the latest :)

The main feature I'm looking forward to is TRIM support. Hopefully, Samsung won't remove the app ops undocumented feature.

You can see the 'what's new' page at Android - What's New for other updates.
  10. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

11. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

So Russia has it now too?
  12. ironass

Not yet. Still only Germany on 4.3 firmware release being shown on SamMobile for the GT-i9505.

UPDATE

The GT-i9500, octa core, has had an Android 4.3 release and it is indeed for Russia.
  13. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

With 4.3, did Samsung finally decided to permit lockscreen widgets when the phone is pin/password locked? Or are they still holding on to their "no security with widgets" motto?
  14. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, that I don't know.

I never use pin lock-screen. I actually want the thief to have access to my phone and I don't have anything on it, that I would want to hide from people who just take my phone to check it out :)
  15. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

Just a quick fyi for the person asking re Vodafone, Vodafone actually had the last two sw updates out for the s4 before the unbranded handsets got them. Just see the Vodafone s4 forum in regards to that.
  16. badjustice

badjustice Member

I'm installing it now on my Verizon Phone.
  17. badjustice

badjustice Member

It's not 4.3
    ironass likes this.
  18. ironass

Is that the Android 4.2.2 update, VRUDMI1, issued by Verizon 5 days ago, see here, or an Android 4.3 update?

EDIT: Ninja'd. Question answered. Firmware MI1 came out about 5 or 6 weeks ago for the International versions.
  19. badjustice

badjustice Member

4.2.2 my bad
    ironass likes this.
  20. ironass

Quick Tip: Samsung build numbers reflect the year, M = 13, month, J = 10, and the build of that month which can be either a numeral, 7, or a letter, A.

Therefore, the previous Verizon firmware, VRUAME7, is a build from May, 2013. Whilst the latest release, VRUDMI1, is a September build.

The Android 4.3 releases for October will be suffixed with MJ?.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  21. W_nosaJ

W_nosaJ New Member

I thought kit kat was the next OS to be released?
  22. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Kitkat is android 4.4, the next android version released by Google, but most phones aren't even on 4.3 yet.
  23. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

The 4.3 started rolling out just now in Malaysia, Singapore and Philippines.
  24. Muzimak

Muzimak Member

Any feedback from those who got it?
  25. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Everything seem to be working fine so far.
    It's noticeably faster, even tho my S4 was blasting fast before.