• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide

hello
this is alamgir, i am new here, sorry if i post reply in wrong section.
I have a samsung galaxy S2 black I9100
android version : 2.3.5
baseband version : I9100xxk13
kerner version: 2.6.35-I9100xxk13-CL577579se.infra@SEP-55 #2
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXK13

Now i wann update it to jelly bean, but i can;t find any jelly bean for my mobile.

please give me a complete solution about how to update my phone 2.3.5 to jelly bean.

Thank you :)

Upvote 0
hello
this is alamgir, i am new here, sorry if i post reply in wrong section.
I have a samsung galaxy S2 black I9100
android version : 2.3.5
baseband version : I9100xxk13
kerner version: 2.6.35-I9100xxk13-CL577579se.infra@SEP-55 #2
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXK13

Now i wann update it to jelly bean, but i can;t find any jelly bean for my mobile.

please give me a complete solution about how to update my phone 2.3.5 to jelly bean.

Thank you :)

Hello and welcome to Android Forums alamgir099! :)

Apologies for the delay in replying but I have been busy lately.

What I really need to help you are the 4 lines of information as shown in #1.1. Specifically, your CSC code and PDA.

Upvote 0
Hi, Im new to this forum so im sorry if im not posting this in the correct place.
I recently tried to flash my SII with a JB firmware I found on a different guide. But the installation got stuck and an error was shown at about 99% completion. Can anyone tell me the reason for this.

PS afterwards i had to flash it with another ICS firmware to get the phone working again. Now my Baseband version is different from before, (i just downloaded the first ICS firmware i could find). The new version I downloaded is TOP. But the one told by kies that suits my phone is SLK.
will this be a problem in the future while trying to update to JB?

Thank you.

Upvote 0
I recently tried to flash my SII with a JB firmware I found on a different guide. But the installation got stuck and an error was shown at about 99% completion. Can anyone tell me the reason for this.

PS afterwards i had to flash it with another ICS firmware to get the phone working again. Now my Baseband version is different from before, (i just downloaded the first ICS firmware i could find). The new version I downloaded is TOP. But the one told by kies that suits my phone is SLK.
will this be a problem in the future while trying to update to JB?

Your baseband, or modem, does not matter but a change of CSC code firmware does I am afraid, if you want to use Kies or OTA to update. See the disclaimer in bold in #1.7. You will need to follow the instructions to download the correct firmware for your original CSC code and flash it.

Reactions: Dhanukaprr
Upvote 0
Your baseband, or modem, does not matter but a change of CSC code firmware does I am afraid, if you want to use Kies or OTA to update. See the disclaimer in bold in #1.7. You will need to follow the instructions to download the correct firmware for your original CSC code and flash it.

My CSC Code isn't listed there in that list :( does this mean i cannot update to JB?
Note : My CSC changed after i flashed it with a ICS firmware. Region : TOP

Upvote 0
My CSC Code isn't listed there in that list :( does this mean i cannot update to JB?
Note : My CSC changed after i flashed it with a ICS firmware. Region : TOP

UPDATE

Providing you have the GT-i9100 and not the G variant...

TOP = Serbia-Montenegro (I can find no release for this though. So I don't know what you have flashed!)

SLK = Sri Lanka (no JB release for SLK so you will need to flash ODD for Sri Lanka)

So, if you were using SLK and want to upgrade to JB you will have to use the ODD firmware as shown in #2.3.

Upvote 0
UPDATE

Providing you have the GT-i9100 and not the G variant...

TOP = Serbia-Montenegro (I can find no release for this though. So I don't know what you have flashed!)

SLK = Sri Lanka (no JB release for SLK so you will need to flash ODD for Sri Lanka)

So, if you were using SLK and want to upgrade to JB you will have to use the ODD firmware as shown in #2.3.

These are my details . Can you tell me what i should do if i want to update to JB.

Attachments

• 1382007092366.jpg
    1382007092366.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
Hey.. Sorry to keep bugging you ;p
But i went to sammobile website and i gave all my details. ( PdA, CSC etc) and they suggested this firmware ;
I9100XWLSD
Its some nordic countries thing which i do not understand. So my last question, can you please tell me if its safe to flash my phone with this firmware? Thanks

Only if you are happy with the European/Scandinavian language pack. If not, flash the ODD one for Sri Lanka that I mentioned in my previous post. Details and instructions on flashing are shown in the link in #1.7 as mentioned previously in post #406.

Upvote 0
Hello, sorry if i will repeated someones question but i could use your help.
I bought second hand phone from Ukraine and I am In Lithuania. I cannot to upgrade to JB through Kies so i assume there is only 1 way to go throu Odin. I wanna ask for your advice which firmware to choose for my country, be cause at the moment current firmware is 4.0.3 and i cannot use my service providers internet. So if i change csc code should my internet work?

Upvote 0
Hello, sorry if i will repeated someones question but i could use your help.
I bought second hand phone from Ukraine and I am In Lithuania. I cannot to upgrade to JB through Kies so i assume there is only 1 way to go throu Odin. I wanna ask for your advice which firmware to choose for my country, be cause at the moment current firmware is 4.0.3 and i cannot use my service providers internet. So if i change csc code should my internet work?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums spankis! :)

As you will see from post #2, there is no firmware specific to Lithuania. Therefore you will need to use the Baltic firmware, OXF, or Russia, OXE, or Poland, OXA, or Ukraine, OXE. Personally, I would go for Poland as it has the latest firmware, i9100OXAMS1. You will then need to flash it via Odin by carefully following the instructions and video in the link in #1.7.

Upvote 0
Hi Space Badger!

Glad to see that you are still with us after the terrible events that have befallen your country recently.

And here am I, still waiting for 4.2.2(or 4.3) for the GT-I9100.

Oh! bless you. You've been posting on here and waiting patiently for a firmware update for almost a year now.

Do you mind if I give you my opinion?

Lets start in reverse order with Android 4.3. In a word... Nightmare! 4.3 has 2 purposes...
1. To add support for the Galaxy Gear.
2. To lock bootloaders and introduce Knox Security to handsets with an uncrackable warranty flag. See my post... Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares. For ordinary users, Knox makes no difference but is a pain in the rear for rooters which is why I think that Samsung introduced the S4 Google Edition which does not have this. Couple that with the problems that 4.3 has brought with the initial release that meant that the roll-out was halted because of firmware problems, see AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/T-Mobile/US Cellular pull Android 4.3 update, and you may understand why I am not a big fan of it.

As for Android 4.2.2... this is the release that I jumped to after leaving the SGS2 for the S4 and, IMHO, I wondered what all the fuss was about. To all intents and purposes, a good NEAT ROM on, say, MS1 is really not a lot different, feature wise, to 4.2.2 and a lot less battery thirsty.

I still get to play with my SGS2 as the lady who bought it from me brings it around to be updated with the latest NEAT ROM from time to time and it is like seeing an old friend. It is still on the same battery after 30 months and has never needed a repair and looks as good as new.

Personally, I do not think that 4.2.2 will come to the SGS2 as it has now been out for a year already. Even if it did, IMHO, it would place an unfair demand on your battery for little or no practical gain.

Instead, I suggest that either NEAT ROM or, if you like the spartan, pure, Android feel, CyanogenMod, who now have a ROM Installer app out, see CyanogenMod One Click Installer, would be better choices.

In the words of the old saying... "Be careful what you wish for... it might come true!"

Upvote 0
Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2, release for the following CSC codes...

BSE = BELGIUM

TRA = CROATIA

UUB = VENEZUELA

(The Venezuelan firmware is showing as build MS8 but has the same changelist, (1418025), as MS1. This probably accounts for location or carrier bloatware.)

(For an explanation of CSC codes, firmware, eligibility, etc; for the Jelly Bean releases... see posts #1, #2 and #3.)

Upvote 0
My CSC code is
i9100ORAKG3

and i want to upgrade from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to JB. Kies says no update is available.

Having read through these Forum pages (and the dummies guide) nothing seems to apply to my problem. I don't want to flash with Odin.

I wondered if there was more advice. Ironass seems to know a lot (and thanks for the awesome comments & help & guidance)!

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums Grundy! :)

My CSC code is
i9100ORAKG3

You are on a very, very, old Orange, UK, carrier branded firmware for GB, Android 2.3.3. The latest release for your CSC code is JB...

Model: GT-I9100
Version: Android 4.1.2
Changelist: 889555
Build date: Fri, 31 May 2013 09:37:45 +0000
Product Code: ORA
PDA: I9100XWLSY
CSC: I9100ORALS8
MODEM: I9100BVLS4

and i want to upgrade from Gingerbread 2.3.3 to JB. Kies says no update is available.

Having read through these Forum pages (and the dummies guide) nothing seems to apply to my problem.

The reasons that you cannot update via Kies or OTA are shown in #1.5 and #1.6 in post #1

I don't want to flash with Odin.

That rules out #1.7, which only leaves you with the advice in #1.5 I'm afraid... "Provided that your phone has never been rooted, unlocked, flashed or altered in any way, (see next section), then the best advice is to take it to a Samsung Service Point and ask them to update the firmware for you.". As you are now out of warranty, there may be a charge made for this.

Reactions: Grundy
Upvote 0
Thanks -- in the meantime I had managed to upgrade to JB 4.1.2 via Kies. I remembered your statement about Mac not being very compatible with Samsung so I ran Kies from a Samsung laptop:D and hey presto the update emerged.
Main benefit is that GPS lock is much better. But the new version seems to be more power hungry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones