• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide

Hi there, hoping you can help me out here. My phone (GT-i9100) is stuck in a boot loop so I was going to follow the instructions as posted, but I can't get my CSC code due to the loop. Is there any way I can find it out without using the keypad?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to Android Forums GibbsCraig! :)

I am afraid that that is the only way to retrieve your CSC code. If you are on a stock firmware and in a bootloop, then try booting into recovery mode and wiping the cache partition. Failing that, you may need to do a Factory Reset in recovery mode.

Upvote 0
Hello, am new to the forum.
i have been looking how to update my phone to JB since some time now.

details of my phone are as follows : -

PDA : I9100JPLPC

PHONE : I9100XXLPW

CSC : I9100JPLP9

Build Info : Thu May 10 12:24:04 KST 2012

Can anyone please help me out, i have android 4.0.3 .
model gt-9100 , samsung galaxy s2

I cannot update through OTA. i get message no update available.
and when trying to update through kies, i get error message gt-i9100 does not support initialization.

i dont know what more to do and how to update and i want to get genuine update, dont quite like customs

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello and welcome to Android Forums imteaz3177! :)

Hello, am new to the forum.
i have been looking how to update my phone to JB since some time now.

details of my phone are as follows : -

PDA : I9100JPLPC

PHONE : I9100XXLPW

CSC : I9100JPLP9

Build Info : Thu May 10 12:24:04 KST 2012

Can anyone please help me out, i have android 4.0.3 .
model gt-9100 , samsung galaxy s2

I cannot update through OTA. i get message no update available.
and when trying to update through kies, i get error message gt-i9100 does not support initialization.

For reasons you are not able to update, see #1.5 and #1.6 in post #1.

CSC : I9100JPLP9 (I think your CSC code should read I9100OJPLP9) This is the Android 4.0.3 code for Iraq. The latest release for this CSC code is Android 4.0.4...

Model: GT-I9100
Version: Android 4.0.4
Changelist: N/A
Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
Product Code: MID
PDA: I9100JPLPJ
CSC: I9100OJPLPH
MODEM: I9100XXLQ6

You will need to download and flash this by following the instructions in #1.7 of post #1.

Upvote 0
With only one, belated, Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2, update in over 6 weeks it does look as though that this is the end of the road for stock Samsung firmware releases for the Galaxy S2, which celebrates its 3rd birthday in 10 weeks time.

Anyone wishing to update further will need to root their phone and install a custom ROM such as the 4.4.2 NEAT ROM for the GT-i9100, or similar, depending on your model of Galaxy S2. For more details of custom ROMs, see the All Things Root section of the forum for the Galaxy S2.

Upvote 0
[/B]am still thinking whether to put custom rom or not, i was willing to have genuine samsung update.

There has not been an update for your CSC code, since November 2012... so I wouldn't hold my breath for a future update to Android 4.1.2.

ironass what do u recommend me to do for the upgrade? what should i install.

Your problem is that you will need a custom ROM that contains the language pack, (OJP), that you require for your part of the world... which very few do I'm afraid.

However, I am sure that if you were to ask very nicely of salesale on the NEAT ROM thread and offer a small donation, he may be persuaded to add the language you require to his latest release, yesterday, I9100 AOSP NeatROM v2.4.1 (4.4.2), if it is not already included.

Upvote 0
Hi bro I want root my phone but I don't want to lose any of my apps.. recently I updated my phone to version 4.1.2 but with this version my wifi is not connecting it says ( Authentication error occurred) I tried a lot to solve this problem but couldn't make it l due to this I want to root it to get another version of Android os and tell me about the alternative ways to updated it to 4.2.2 can u help me out plz..

Upvote 0
Hey Bro..
I have attached my phone's kernal version or information screenshot I couldn't find the correct jb for my phone will u plz find it for me or send me the direct link of downloading jb for my phone and oh yeah I got odin+kies but the problem is when I download jb and I extract it the zimage get extracted from zipfile and when I want to flash it through odin I select pda and I want to choose zimage file its not visible through odin and otherwise its on my desktop but its just that odin is not detecting zimage file from the extracted folder even I tried to flash the zip folder but odin fails (gets red color) hope u get me and I truly want to root my phone but I can't do this man..!! Plz help me out @ironass and others whom is expert.
Regards
Waheed Ahmadxai

Attachments

• 1421839576211.jpg
    1421839576211.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 193
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones