Jelly Bean update - Dummies GuideSupport

1. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

The DropBox increase was on the unofficial, LSJ leak, only, so far.
  2. ivanv

ivanv Member

ironass likes this.
  3. RoadKill94

RoadKill94 New Member

I'm sorry for being a real noob at this, but i'm so confused right now.
    I've had my Phone for over a year now, and i've never updated it, so i thought it was about time.
    My CES is TEN.
    I tried updating it over wifi several times with no success, so i guess i need to wipe it.
    When i go into kies i get no prompt to update, so this was all very cryptic to me.
    Can someone help me out a little, is the only way to do this factory resetting my phone? If so, how do i go about doing that?
  4. ironass

Hello and welcome to Android Forums RoadKill94! :)

As per post #2, no update has been released for CSC code TEN.
  5. RoadKill94

RoadKill94 New Member

So, the latest version is 2.3.5?
    That's really strange, because a friend of mine got an automatic update for his phone today, which, as far as i know, is identical.
    after seeing his updated version, mine looks old and outdated.
  6. ironass

7. chikheang

chikheang New Member

I recently flashed my gs2 gt-i9100t to official jelly bean which is for gt-i9100,
    Everything is working fine, except for 3G signal, i got only 1 or 2 bars and sometimes no.
    Before i got full signal on 3G. How can i fix it. Thanks in advance.
  8. ironass

Hello and welcome to Android Forums chikheang! :)

The only difference between the GT-i9100 and the T variant is the modem which is required for the signal. Since no T variant has been released there is no T modem available for JB. See, here...

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/588852-modems-dummies-guide.html
    chikheang likes this.
  9. chikheang

chikheang New Member

Thanks. So that means i have to wait for T rom to release.
    And what do you think when they will release.
    Thanks.
  10. ironass

See #1.8 and #3.6. ;)
    chikheang likes this.
  11. ironass

The first, GT-i9100T, "T" variant, to receive JB, Android 4.1.2, is...

PCL = ISRAEL (Pelephone)
  12. codral

codral Well-Known Member

Excuse me if this question is dumb, but once these variations are released, do they then go to our Telco companies to add adware? Is this a list of post-adware ones? Because I'll just root if that's the case, Telstra hasn't even got ICS out for some 4g models of the s2 yet >< horrible!
  13. ironass

The list in post #2 covers all JB releases, both branded and un-branded, as they are released.

The first, "variant", JB release, post #36, is in fact, carrier branded.

See also, #1.8 and #3.6.
  14. ironass

Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.2, has been released for the following CSC codes...

OXX = NORDIC COUNTRIES

ITV = ITALY

FOP = SPAIN
    (further update to original release)

The first, "G", variant, GT-i9100G, has been released for...

XEF = FRANCE

(see posts #1, #2 and #3 for update details)
  15. petermania

petermania Member

Great thread Ironass.

My CSC is OJV, I currently have 2.3.5 running on my SG2 and I live in Nigeria. I guess we in Nigeria may not ever get JB, considering the fact that ICS has not been released for Nigeria up-till-now,

I'd like to know if I have to first upgrade to ICS before moving on to JB. Or do I just upgrade directly to JB. Thanks.
  16. ironass

Following the tip in #1.2, you could go straight to JB.
    petermania likes this.
  17. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member

My Danish GS2 - NEE = NORDIC COUNTRIES - was updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 today (it's possible the update has been available longer, I've had update checking turned off for a few months as the past few over the air updates have failed).
    ironass likes this.
  18. petermania

petermania Member

Hi, which of the JB CSC's would you recommend I flash on my phone. I went through your list and noticed that there's no OJV CSC and Nigeria is also not on the list.
  19. ironass

Nordic Countries, (OXX), so long as you don't mind a European Language pack.

OJV not released. Nigeria did not even get ICS! See post #2, here.
  20. petermania

petermania Member

Thanks for the response. I hope you dont find this question annoying, what's the implication of having the nordic pack installed? And what if I try flashing one of the United Kingdom versions on my phone (since they'll belong to English speaking countries)?
  21. ironass

petermania likes this.
  22. ironass

JB has been released for the, "M", variant, GT-i9100M, for Canada for unbranded/Virgin, Bell and SaskTel on the following CSC code...

OYC = CANADA (unbranded/Virgin, Bell, SaskTel)

Strange that the CSC code is shown as OYC when in the past it has been BMC for Canada :confused:

[​IMG]

If you cannot update via Samsung Kies, PC Suite or OTA, (Over The Air), then you can use Odin as per #1.7.
  23. pgdx

pgdx Member

What can I do if I accepted to install the update only to find my phone (Galaxy SII) doesn't turn on?

I accepted and pressed install, the phone said it would reboot, and since then it has been completely black.

I removed the battery after a while, pressed the on button, and the first logo appeared, and then it went black again.

If I proceed to press the on button, nothing happens.
  24. ironass

Hello and welcome to Android Forums pgdx! :)

Could you supply the details in post #3.3.

Was this update via Kies, OTA or Odin?
    pgdx likes this.
  25. pgdx

pgdx Member

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a bit hard to go to the dial-pad now as the phone wont boot, but I can go to the Android system recovery <3e>.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII, GT-i9100.

I did it through Kies. For some time the phone had been asking me to update and I have postponed it a couple of times before accepting.

In the recovery menu, it says:
    # MANUAL MODE #
    -- Appling Multi-CSC...
    Applied the CSC-code : NEE
    Successfully applied multi-CSC.

Ps. The phone has not been rooted, but the development mode was turned on (the one where you can install your own APK's). Furthermore, the phone was connected to the USB port (for charging purposes).