1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Jelly Bean update: Folders issue

1. neilismyname

neilismyname Member

Had the Jelly Bean update FINALLY (thanks OrangeUK!!) on my HTC One S and all seems fantastic, until this morning.

Basically I have 4 folders on the homescreen, which have worked flawlessy but this morning I restarted my phone just because it seemed a little laggy and now the folders no longer function.

Infact, I have a fifth folder in the top right and when I tap that it opens the one on the bottom right!? All other quick folders (bottom of screen) work a treat.

I have removed the folders and readded and these work fine, to test I restarted the phone and same thing happens folders dont work....

Anyone have an idea?

Advertisement
  2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ± Moderator

Hi neilismyname!
    I moved your thread here to your device forum so others can help out with your issue:)
  3. neilismyname

neilismyname Member

Thanks sir
    Mikestony likes this.
  4. razvan06

razvan06 Well-Known Member

1 : try to erase data from sense [app name : rosie.apk];
    2 : if above does not work, do a factory reset.
  5. Sharkie405

Sharkie405 New Member

Finally! Someone else who's having this issue! I've been searching and searching.

So, no one has a solution yet? This is so annoying.

I uploaded a pic to try an relay what's going on with my screen more accurately. Basically like the op said, after a reboot the folders on the home screen no longer function properly. If you tap on them nothing happens. As illustrated in the pic, if you tap an empty space anywhere above that folder in the same column on the screen, that folder will open up and you can access all apps and remove/add apps. This applies to folders on my homescreen and folders on the Sense dock. If I do some cache clearing and force stopping of HTC Sense, then the folders in the dock work normally again, but not the ones above on the home screen. If I long press the dock folders till the edit/remove screen pops up then they no longer work properly again. If I create new folders, they work perfectly... until I reboot, then the same thing happens to the new folder/s as well.

I've tried hard resetting and installing no apps and the same things happens after I reboot.

Phone info.
    HTC EVO 4G LTE - Stock 3.16.651.3
    Android 4.1.1
    Sense 4+

Attached Files: