Jelly bean updateGeneral

Last Updated:

1. omranot

omranot Member

Please I need to know when the jelly bean update will be available to sony ericson arc S cause they say it's much faster than the ICS.

2. No1Survivalist

No1Survivalist New Member

I agree i want rid of ics its rubbish!
  3. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breathe on Jelly Bean. Originally Sony said they would not be updating the Xperia 2011 line of phones - they have now issued a follow up statement saying they are looking into it - On Android 4.1 Jelly Bean — Sony Xperia Product Blog

I do actually feel sorry for these manufacturers. No sooner do they update to the latest version of the software when Google turn round and launch a new version. Google should do everyone (manufacturers, developers and themselves) a favour and stick to one release every 14 - 18 months.
    omranot likes this.
  4. mathuisje99

mathuisje99 Member

I read that its not true that this phone don't get jelly bean. They are gonna test it so.
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

This is technology. If you slow down you get left in the dust. Slowing down releases isn't the solution.

Nothing says these manufacturers have to update their year and a half old devices. In fact it's better for them if they don't, because you'd be coming up on an upgrade and it would be wasted man hours.

If you want the fastest android upgrades possible, see what root has to offer. Chances are you can already get jelly bean for your phone that way
  6. omranot

omranot Member

But root have many lags, bugs and errors. Although Sony have re-corrected this information and they say now that they have started working on updating 2011 phones to jelly bean
  7. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Lags and errors depends on the ability of your devices developers.

The roms I've ran have for the most part been faster, more stable, fewer bugs, and added functionality.

Sony plays well with developers. I would be surprised if your phone didn't have CyanogenMod support
    omranot likes this.
  8. badassballer

badassballer Well-Known Member

Dont think the ARC s will get the jelly bean update - thats whats being said on some tech sites etc here and there - but then again it doesnt really matter anyways - i mean ICS is still new and most of the applications available on the market work pretty well with GB and ICS as it is so unless the situation turns to a point where i might not be able to use 80%-100% apps on the market because GB / ICS becomes redundant as an OS, i wouldn't be bothered about any further updates etc - but thats just me -
  9. p0men

p0men Member

Now arc s have unofficial JB 4.1.2