Jelly Bean UpgradeSupport

Last Updated: 2012-10-04 04:54:26
  1. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. ErnieL

ErnieL New Member

I got curious and did the upgrade last night. It was fast done in no time and it didnt even delete my files. Im using it now and still discovering whats new and or bugs. Here are some i noticed:

Faster swipe
    Notification bar on top
    the three buttons are now in the middle bottom bar
    It has new BLOCKING MODE in the menu.
    Bugs:
    Lost my mic.... big thing since no more google search with voice

Thats it so far more testing
    saptech likes this.
  3. Gilly10

Gilly10 New Member

Hi, does this leaked firmware have TouchWiz?

Thanks
  4. saptech

Be sure to keep us updated on how it's going. I'm still thinking about it but a little scared! :rolleyes:
  5. ErnieL

ErnieL New Member

My tab seem to be hotter now when i use it. Battery life is definitely shorter. But it might be some apps i downloaded... was trying different flight online booking apps today.
  6. ErnieL

ErnieL New Member

The small notification bar on top doesn't seem to have an auto hide feature. It is eating up precious real estate on my screen
  7. BadWolf47

BadWolf47 Active Member

It's official... Samsung announced this morning that the Tab 2's are getting Jelly Bean. Didn't say when, though.
  8. saptech

9. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will update like the last time, just with an automatic update when I turned it on, without you giving a yes or no to the update. I like waiting a while when a new firmware is being offered.
  10. 1969bob

1969bob Member

I agree with Galaxy tab2 47 post sit tight
  11. maffan29

maffan29 New Member

Hello
    As a first time tablet buyer I have decided on the Samsung tab 2 7 inch.
    Any advice? Good or buy.
  12. txrose72

txrose72 Well-Known Member

The Student version which includes a keyboard Dock and an OTG module which will let you connect USB devices including USB flash drives without rooting is still available for $250. IMO the difference between the ICS on the Tab and JB on the Nexus 7 is small from what I've seen on my Galaxy Nexus Phone. Having the external SD Card access is a major advantage over the Kindle and N7. The Tab's screen is very good with a wide viewing angle and the resolution difference (1024x600 vs 1280x800) is minimal on a 7" tablet. The 1 GHz dual processor in the Tab preforms well. It has been a solid performer for me with full Android functional like the N7 and unlike the KF. It also includes an IR blaster and app. The cameras are the only weak point but at least they both are there.