Jelly BeanGeneral

1. Stevie3006

Stevie3006 New Member

I have an HTC One which i love.
    Can anybody shed any light on when the upgrade to Jellybean is due?:)

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Stevie! :hello:
    Moved this to the One X forums for more answers.
  3. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Welcome Stevie :)

As far as I have seen because we just got the 4.0.4 update for the One X I doubt the Jelly Bean update will be around soon...

I just had a quick look from google and no one seems to have a release date as of yet...

Hope this helps
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

HTC has been quiet about the release of jelly beans where as Samsung has officially said next month the GS 3(international) will be receiving it. After that announcement I expected HTC to release a statement. So far nothing!
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The One X+ is rumoured to be launching with JB so hopefully they have a working build somewhere and it's not too difficult to port over.

No ETA's yet though.
  6. stevenpaul

stevenpaul New Member

Apparently not until December 2012
  7. jimbobcook

Stevenpaul do you have a source for this? Be good to have a read :)

Cheers
  8. Stevie3006

Stevie3006 New Member

Cheers guys!!
  9. sparksuk71

sparksuk71 Active Member

Supposedly rolling out in October according to gadget show tweet

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/htc-one-x-android-jelly-bean-update-out-next-month

We'll see, but hope so
    Ophadece and jimbobcook like this.
  10. jimbobcook

Thanks for the update :)
  11. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

For the ROM I use the dev has just posted an experimental build of a leaked JB ROM but the radio isn't working yet, I think we'll start to see some more builds very soon but it's on its way.
  12. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

13. jimbobcook

14. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

15. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

still haven't had 4.1 :(
  16. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

17. Hoppy

Hoppy Well-Known Member

According to Drippler yesterday October is looking good for Jelly Bean on One X
  18. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

My missus will have it before me then, the JB update for European S3's has started now, she'll get it within 2 weeks... bugger :D
  19. Cessquill

Cessquill Well-Known Member

Having just got over the daily checking for a sense update, we're starting all over again as of next week.

Fingers crossed that the UK isn't behind this time, but I fear it'll be November-ish before it crosses the sea.
  20. neilgarr

neilgarr Active Member

I spoke with HTC yesterday regarding my wifi signal worsening.. 1 bar in same room as modem... He confirmed it was a known issue that would be resolved alongside the jelly bean ota before the end of September... Fingers crossed :)
  21. Cessquill

Cessquill Well-Known Member

That's bizarre, since I've just got mine back from repair after having a poor wi-fi signal. I contacted HTC via their support site, stated that I'd tried it on multiple routers, all with the latest firmware, my One X had the latest firmware, and I'd compared it with colleagues One X's (all later builds, I suspect) and they had stronger signal. I'd also compared it to other wireless devices that received excellent signal strength when I was listed as poor.

They replied with return instructions (no factory reset, no wait for OTA updates), and it was collected a few days later. In just over a week I had it back and wi-fi is now fine.

Try holding the phone facing towards you and pinching it just to the right of the camera (right hand thumb on screen, first finger against the raised part of the lens). If your wi-fi strength goes up it could potentially be a hardware issue. I also stated this in my mail to them.

I was getting low signal strength within feet of an access point and dropouts about 15 feet away. Seems OK now.

Sidenote: When it came back from HTC, the call volume was very low. Was just about to write back to them when I noticed a thread on XDA saying the speaker holes can get blocked, even if they don't look like it. People had reported solving the problem by running a squirt of canned air over the holes, pushing through them with a toothbrush or vacuum cleaning them. I can't vouch for how safe the procedure is, but making sure I'd poked every grill hole with a toothbrush bristle sorted it for me, even though it looked clean.
  22. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

End of September for jelly bean? That's earlier than previously reported which was in October. Good news if it happens - though not sure if I believe it.

Interesting they also told you this would address a weak WiFi signal - most people have been reporting this as a hardware issue. Mine also has weak WiFi - so I'll cross my fingers as well :)
  23. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Samsung has already started releasing jb in some parts of the world. I'm hoping HTC can bet them to the punch here in the states.