Jelly bean!!General

Last Updated:

1. adien666

adien666 Well-Known Member

just got the update to jelly bean. any one else get it, and if you did, what was different?:D

asucit2 likes this.
  2. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

I heard it was out today and I keep checking, it just keeps telling me that my phone is up to date?

No clue what's up, but with AT&T you never know.
  3. WirelessGuy

WirelessGuy Well-Known Member

Checked checked for updates and was notified Jellybean 4.1.1 is available, downloading now.
  4. WirelessGuy

5. lindsey1021

lindsey1021 New Member

jelly bean just downloaded..looks nice
  6. wellsies2

wellsies2 Member

My phone will download the update, but fails to install it. Phone is stock, but has been rooted. Any ideas?
  7. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

I got the notification as soon as I left work. The WiFi is wonky here. It downloaded seamlessly and once it installed and I re-rebooted it, it has run fine. I like a lot of the updates.
  8. jblaylock

jblaylock Member

I hate it..well, I hate that there is no longer an option to connect USB as a mass storage. Taking that away outweighs the improvements.

Is there a way to go back to ICS?
  9. WirelessGuy

Enable "USB Debugging" under "Settings/Developer Options" and then under USB Options select "Media Device (MTP)" and you can access all of your files from your computer just like the old Mass Storage setting.
  10. jblaylock

jblaylock Member

I can connect to my CPU without enabling Debugging. I have the the updated drivers and Moto software. That's not the issue.

My biggest deal is I can no longer connect to my Ford's Sync system. The sync doesn't even recognize there is a device plugged in. When I enable USB Debugging, it recognizes the device but doesn't read it. It just says 'Indexing' for hours. It worked fine before the changed when on Mass Storage mode. I thought the Sync system supported MTP playback, but I guess not.
  11. tadam

tadam Member

It seems that my speed dial numbers have all been lost and I can't find a way to get them back.
  12. Dewz

Dewz New Member

The HDMI has been screwed up since downloading Jelly Bean. Movies are displayed in what seems to be 240p. Really hoping for a fix or an available ICS downgrade soon. :mad:
  13. korn16ftl3

korn16ftl3 Member

my dad has been on a rant about this for ever and moterola said we have to make icon widgits as a replacement for the speed dial....i want to know how to downgrade sick of hearing about how this update screwed up his phone....
  14. collinsexton

collinsexton New Member

You can access all of your files through the computer just as easily as mass storage. You can set the device as a media device (MTP) to transfer files on Windows. You can transfer photos by using Camera (PTP) if you have camera importing software. To access these options, select "Connected as a media device" on your notification bar when you plug your device into your computer.