Jelly Beans for Tab 2 7" finally arrived in IndiaGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rvrajan

rvrajan Member

Just got the update for Android Jelly Beans (4.1.1) for my Samsung Tab 2 7", downloaded and being installed.....will update about it soon.

Advertisement
  2. rvrajan

rvrajan Member

Finally long waited JB is installed on Samsung Tab 2 7" 3100.

Its working fine. New Interface, quite buttery, no application/data loss.

Icon looks more smart, widgets size are adjustable.

I am still exploring it.
    saptech likes this.
  3. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

updated mine last weekend, lot batter then the ICS, home screens layouts have changed a bit.

the notification bar is been moved to the top of the screen which a bit turn off but still can leave with that.
  4. kbbru

kbbru Well-Known Member

Please help me out on this one? What is better about this new version? I'm still looking for the first single advantage of the crap that Samsung has forced onto me, compared with what I had.

For me stability and usability are the most important aspects of any tool. But I had no stability problems in ICS.
    And the new interface is completely useless on a tablet.
    Tapping and holding a link that I would like to open in a new window now gives me sometimes, but not always, what I want. (About 50% it gives me the text selection tool.)
    And when I start typing a text on the keyboard, the text field itself disappears so I have no idea what I'm typing.
    And the new Google search doesn't show me the results in a webpage anymore, so I cannot open several results separately (in separate tabs) to see which result I like more.