• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Jellybam Rom 10.2.0(4.3)d2mtr

here is what a apn looks like=
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- use empty string to specify no proxy or port -->
<!-- This version must agree with that in apps/common/res/apns.xml -->
<apns version="7">
<apn carrier="MetroPCS DEFAULT"
mcc="311"
mnc="660"
apn="internet.metropcs"
user=""
password=""
type="default,hipri,admin,mms"
authtype="0"
mmsc="http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc"
protocol="IP"
roaming_protocol="IP"
bearer="14"
inactivity_timer="7080"
/>
<apn carrier="MetroPCS IMS"
mcc="311"
mnc="660"
apn="ims.metropcs"
user=""
password=""
type="ims"
authtype="0"
mmsc="http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc"
protocol="IP"
roaming_protocol="IP"
bearer="14"
inactivity_timer="7080"
/>
</apns>
been it is a aosp rom why not flash metro fix to see if it fixes the problem
some roms have the apns in system/etc folder then also in framework-res.apk/res/xml

Upvote 0

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377863182341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377863182341.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
I tried out that mms fix...I don't know what I did wrong but I got myself in a bootloop and lost my 4g after I restored to one of my backups. I ended up having to go back to stock. I tend to mess things up so maybe someone else has a better chance of it working lol. Going to try again though ;)

Trying again won't hurt lol...have to follow instructions precisely...I can't say anything about it because I'm on 4.2.2...I'd rather have a stable ROM honestly...

Upvote 0
So I got a reply from X_or_G: "Hey, im not sure what the trouble could be atm, however i will research a little. As for you, it could be rom bug, so please submit the bug in the bug report section filling the bug report template, you could probably get quicker help there adressing this issue.

Thanks pal. "

I'm not on jellybam at the moment I was wondering if anyone that is on jellybam can do the bug report? (Also because I've never done one before or know what to do Lol) if not then I'll try to do it when I get some time later tonight or something.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I figured out how to solve the problem!!! I just installed jellybam 10.2 and it still had the same problem of not connecting to data after you disconnect from WiFi but what you need to do to fix it is get the APN settings from another ROM that works fine (I used cm 10.2) and add those settings to the APN settings on jellybam and it should work perfectly! 4g and MMS is working and everything!!!

For those that don't know you can find APN settings by going to settings under wireless and networks go to more then mobile networks then Access Point Names

Upvote 0
sorry it took so long but i got it working 4.3 not easy anyway put this zip on your
sd card or internal then boot into recovery flash the zip then reboot it will act weird on boot up once boot go to settings under wireless and networks go to more then mobile networks then Access Point Names then in apns put a check on the one that says metropcs default. then send yourself a mms. to test it out

Attachments

• MetroPCS-s3-mms-signed.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 260
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones