"Jellybean 4.1.2 update"General

Last Updated:

1. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

Mine just failed also, so much for a JellyBean Christmas.

Advertisement
  2. TriciaH

TriciaH Well-Known Member

Yes mine downloaded and installed. My son's downloaded and installed also. I wonder if this was a mistake on their part. It is JB. Android version 4.1.2.
  3. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

Mine was suspended too, then timed out. Now says no update available...
  4. steveo42

steveo42 Well-Known Member

That's what happened to me as well.
    Maybe they found a bug and pulled it?
  5. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

Both mine and my wife's phone did the exact same thing?
  6. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

Happy we are all in same boat, hate to be in a bind all by myself!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE.
    (IF YOU'RE NOT INTO CHRISTMAS HAVE A GREAT DAY!)
  7. djclemon

djclemon Well-Known Member

Both mine and my wife's phone did the same exact thing?
  8. TriciaH

I have a feeling this was not really supposed to happen today. Me and the son both have the updates installed.
  9. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Hmm ill wait to see if this was supposed to happen or not. Got the notification but suspended it because if it is hb I need to unroot first.
  10. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

On the verizon page it doesn't say anything about jb. On the 3rd page of the pdf it says after the update you will be running 4.0.4
    Weird....
  11. steveo42

12. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

13. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Differences? Is it really JB?
  14. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

When I check for system updates I am still getting to prompt that the update is available. Don't want to try and download it though until we get some more info. Especially if it really is jb. I need to unroot first....
  15. Blitzwing

Blitzwing Member

Wife's just failed and system says up to date....wth
  16. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Most recent post are at the bottom. My mistake.
  17. steveo42

Go to the latest post which is today.
  18. steveo42

NP.
  19. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Someone hit the wrong button! Lol
    Well at least we know they have to be damn close to pushing it out for real.
  20. TriciaH

It is Jelly Bean. Weather app is gone. Have to redo that. No biggie. Appears they renamed the SD card and now there are duplicates or what appear to be duplicates of everything. Afraid to delete one in case they are there in "name only" so to speak. Now its SD0 for phone storage and SD1 for the external card. Handcent is splitting messages but that is most likely an update problem with Handcent that I have not done. It installed Chrome. I use FF. I don't yet see a lot of differences. I cleared the cache right after it installed. The phone still responds well as it always did. It has a feature to automatically turn on Wifi if one is available. Convenient except when I am at work where there is none. Not even 4G at work. The LTE app still works for going from 4G to 3G. And you can SEE the stuff on the notification bar!!! Was missing two icons on one screen and for the life of me I can't remember what they were. I think one was YouTube which I replaced. No idea what goes in the other blank spot.

It is being posted on all the forums that the downloads are "suspended" and then the phone says its up to date. I wonder if someone made a mistake hitting this switch. I don't like being a guinea pig lol. But good or bad, it is on here and there isn't much I can do about it except hope that it didn't break anything vital.
  21. otnman

otnman Member

I got it. My mom and dad had the suspended message. I started after theirs was suspended and mine went through. They called vzw and were told that's what happens when you switch between 4g and WiFi...they also said they are reentered into the queue and should get in a couple of days. Also, their a automatically started, and I manually started mine.
  22. TriciaH

So maybe good thing I did not switch from 4G to WiFi. For once I guessed right lol.
  23. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

I got the notice to update, hit update, and then it said update failed. I restarted my phone and now it says there is NO update, my device is up to date. Pretty cruel to pull it back after sending out the notice. Would have been a great present. :(
  24. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

I've had my other updates happen at home when I'm on wifi... why is everybody concerned about that?
  25. TriciaH

Its switching between WiFi and 4G during the update. Not being on one or the other.