1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

"Jellybean 4.1.2 update"General

1. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

When I plug my Razr into my PC I get three new drives letters. The first containing a particion with Motocast. The second being the internal storage. And the third being the external (SD) storage.
  2. TriciaH

TriciaH Well-Known Member

I get the Motocast and the SD card (external storage). Hmmmm. Wonder why.
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

It sounds like your update did not complete properly... for whatever reason.

Might be prudent to call Verizon Wireless and see if they can troubleshoot and replace your phone. Unfortunately this sort of thing happens from time to time... :rolleyes:
  4. saleen22

saleen22 Member

Mine shows all three also. There is something that I didnt figure out.....how to use a song as a ringtone.
  5. festerw

festerw Well-Known Member

The two options when you press power are normal, my wife has a Razr M with JB and it is the same way 2 options then confirm for power off.

The launcher apparently was not upgraded with this so you can pick that up here and get the circle widgets, that solves the alarm problem also as it gives an alarm icon under the clock. You'll need to install the homescreen, weather and circle apk's and reboot. Don't worry about the directions under #1 just download and install.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1897306

Can't help much with the photos since mine are fine. If you go to settings>storage does the SD card even show up?
  6. Blue218

Blue218 Well-Known Member

Anyone else get the update since 12-26-12?
  7. Jon Davis

Jon Davis Well-Known Member

Nothing for me. Any other news?
  8. lfeqlbrm

lfeqlbrm Well-Known Member

It was a Pre-release issue. I'm at 4.2.1 anyway, so this update does not concern me.
  9. TriciaH

TriciaH Well-Known Member

Yes both internal and external SD card show up on the phone from settings storage. The internal shows two of every folder and the SD card shows two of every folder so I have four of everything. But if I open the folder on the internal they are all empty. The SD card folders appears to contain photos. Just weird. Not just mine either - my sons did the same exact thing. Our updates happened at the same time. I am afraid to delete anything because if they are just cross-linked then deleting in one will delete all. Can't risk that.
  10. mette711

mette711 Member

I installed the update. Everything went smoothly, but now I can't get a data connection. Cleared cache and did a factory reset, neither fixed it. Anyone have a solution?
  11. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

For Those Who Didn't Get The Update You Can Get It At Droidrzr.Com . Just Be Sure To Follow The Instructions Exactly.
  12. Blue218

I'm going to try to wait for the OTA
  13. Jon Davis

Me wait for OTA
  14. doniago

doniago Well-Known Member

+1, especially since I'm on both 4.15 and a ROM right now.
  15. rockym

rockym Member

Did you clear the cache or do you think that's not necssary? Still waiting for the update here.
  16. Sorbert

Sorbert Well-Known Member

Well ive enjoyed the update since i got it but only problem i have cant delete a folder out of my mobile bookmark folder in chrome has anyone else had this issue??
  17. monicakm

monicakm Well-Known Member

Hi TriciaH. It's MonicaM from East Texas :)

18. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Interesting. When I plug my phone in to the computer I get 1 new drive named 'Droid Razr'. Under that drive are "Internal Storage" and "SD Card".

It's also notable that the Razr 'drive' does not have a drive letter assigned. I would expect it to show (E: ) or something along those lines, but it doesn't. It actually shows an icon of what looks to be a phone (a rectangular blob - it could be a phone, it could be an MP3 player - I presume it indicates a 'device' of some sort).

A while ago I made a change to the Motocast so that it would quit pestering me every time I plugged in my phone, that COULD be the reason why I don't see anything about that now when I plug in the device.

Edit: It just occurred to me that I had my USB connection on the phone set to "Camera". When I changed that to "Mass Storage" I got three proper drive letters, as it did before the JB update.
  19. Jon Davis

Has anyone gotten the OTA recently?

Considering the mess they created we should have heard something by now.
  20. sniksic

sniksic New Member

Anyone else notice the inability to disable the stock messaging app now as opposed to ICS.
  21. mark77

mark77 Active Member

No updates came to my maxx.
    Jon Davis likes this.
  22. Blue218

12-27-12 at 1140 hours and no update
    Jon Davis likes this.
  23. djohio

djohio Member

Non here either. Not sure if I am happy or sad....
  24. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

From what I've read elsewhere, the OTA is no longer rolling out. Folks are claiming that it was started by accident, and stopped by Verizon and/or Motorola.
  25. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Accident,no way it was a intentional test on how deep the water is.