Jellybean battery usage resetSupport

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Guys

is there a way to reset the stats on battery usage so that all services such as standby, display show up as 0% and then start counting? In previous versions, there was

thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Knocks

Knocks Active Member

Where was that setting on Ice Cream Sandwich?
  3. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

i know those that are rooted with twrp or cwm installed as a recovery can wipe battery stats, and it reflects on the OS.

however that is the only method i know of to reset the battery stats, a factory data reset may also do this. if that is the route you want to go.
  4. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

You mean on the usage charts under battery? Every time you recharge and unplug your phone they reset. If you just bump the charge briefly they don't reset. I think you need to fully charge it. After that everything will report usage 'on battery' since unplugging.
  5. Knocks

Knocks Active Member

You mean fully discharge, right?
  6. Zeinzu

Zeinzu Well-Known Member

No, he means charged. Once you reach full charge battery stats are wiped.
  7. Tim K

8. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

9. Tim K

Yes, but so does charging the phone. And then then you get a clean run from 100% (or as the case may be - actually 92%). Its much easier to do nothing but charge the phone and let it do its thing than to boot to recovery, wipe stats and reboot. They both clear the battery stats file.
  10. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Isn't the batterystats.bin a system file? Would you not need root to clear and reset that file? I was under the impression that over time (regardless of charging and then unplugging) the battery statistics you get are based on overall stats.
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yes, it requires root
  12. Tim K

Nope. According to Google the battery stats are reset EVERY time the device is fully charged. There is no overall "battery statistics" that stores a lifetime of usage.
  13. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Thanks for clarifying!