Jellybean for HTC One X (international) ?General

1. adnan645

adnan645 Member

My htc one x has the cid # H3G_001... And its an international version. When hboot version for this cid # will be available? Any idea? Or is there any other way to flash custom JB rom (sense based)?

Advertisement
    :
  2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

My understanding is that you should be able to get it OTA via the software update button by now.

If you want to go the route where you root and unlock your bootloader and flash a custom ROM, you can always go the viperX route. That's what I used when I was running a custom sense-based rom (well, actually i used viperXL because I have the One XL, but it's basically the same thing)
  3. adnan645

adnan645 Member

Yups, i have already rooted my phone. So this viperX is a jellybean custom rom and it doesn't require to update hboot ( for H3G_001)... Right?
  4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

since the sense based ROMs are based off of sense and not AOSP, I don't think it should be an issue for you... nor do I think you'll have to flash a kernel to use it.

But you can see more information at the XDA thread for it, including making sure your CID and model match the ones that it works for.

We can continue this discussion here, but since it is looking increasingly like you want to go the custom ROM route, I'll move this into the root sub-forum :)
    El Presidente likes this.