JellyBean For Note 10.1 USA VersionGeneral

1. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

so theres been articles of germeny getting jellybean on there wifi note 10.1
    when in hell is the usa version getting this jellybean

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

It will be available when Samsung release it. Who knows the date? Samsung. Do we? Nope.
  3. CrockettGTO

CrockettGTO Well-Known Member

How many times have you answered that question Szadzik
  4. Szadzik

Close to a hundred ;)
  5. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

So are you saying this week?:D
  6. fam

fam Well-Known Member

took a really long time for the update check to tell me there wasnt an update...so I can feel its on its way...I personally guarantee it will be under 12 months away!
  7. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

In theory...
    My Note 1 is getting updated in mid January I have heard, hopefully the 10.1 will be soon as well? In theory...
  8. ZackyZombieface

ZackyZombieface Well-Known Member

We're are also getting a "premium suite" upgrade with jelly bean, so if it takes a bit longer I'm ok with that.
  9. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Honestly....my prediction.....January 8,9. Samsung is supposed to have a big presence at CES or some other electronics show. I have nothing to support the theory other than that it is being released in other countries currently.
  10. SMALBA

SMALBA Well-Known Member

Okay I too want the new update. Hurry up Samsung . Any news on if it's coming out soon?
  11. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a nice jelly bean Christmas present and no dice... :confused:
  12. Caveman419

Caveman419 Well-Known Member

I ran into a Samsung Representative in my local Best Buy and asked about the JB update for the Note 10.1. He told me that it is supposed to be out by the end of January....I know, we've been danced down this road before. He also said that the new ones were are shipping out with JB already on them. Not sure I believe it without seeing it, and if they are it pisses me off. If there is a JB release why is it not good enough for the ones who already own the tablet?
  13. Loren

Loren Well-Known Member

Because they already have OUR money... ;)
  14. Szadzik

Check out XDA, users reported new Note 10.1 coming with JB on it already, just as the rep told you.
  15. Caveman419

I saw that, but still need to see it with my own eyes or see pictures or it didn't happen....come on, you have been around long enough to know that one.
  16. Szadzik

Doubting Thomas.
  17. Caveman419

I always doubt claims like these until there is proof. There has been to many false reports over the course of the android timeline.

I did go back an go through the posts and find both posters had given screenshots. And they both match - all of the kernel info, build numbers and new layout of the side menu. There does appear to be truth to this...I am was wrong.

Looking at the kernel version number, it has a date of 11/30/2012, so these must have just installed on these devises and shipped out very quickly. Hopefully that Samsung Rep was right and it will be out no later than the end of this month. Funny...his Note 10.1 that he was carrying around was still on ICS, at least he is in the same boat with us.

Here are the posts with the screenshots if anyone is interested:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35996172&postcount=8

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36162824&postcount=138
  18. RonJohnson4164

RonJohnson4164 Active Member

Also someone with a new Note with jellybean allowed the developers to get a system dump, so they're creating a ROM which should be read soon.
    Caveman419 likes this.
  19. Caveman419

Unfortunately, this is the one device that I have decides not to root.....at least for a while.
  20. clive48

clive48 Member

I too have US Version N8000
    But that didnt stop mefrom installin Germany 4.1.2. It is awsome.
    Try it...