• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Jellybean installation

How do I go about flashing a custom recovery so I can do nandroid backups? I still have the agat zip (0.6.8), that I used after I was rooted and still on stock Rom. Can I use that recovery or do I need another one? How do I flash it? Usually I would flash a zip through recovery, right? But since this is a recovery zip, I'm kinda lost.

you can't use AGAT 0.6.8 on Jelly Bean. You can use the JB kernels with recovery that are available now. You have to use Odin or mobile Odin to flash them in, and stick to version 0.1.0 for now as they are working out bugs on the newer versions (you can always upgrade to them later)

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...very-source-jb-jb-kernels-agats-recovery.html

Upvote 0
you can't use AGAT 0.6.8 on Jelly Bean. You can use the JB kernels with recovery that are available now. You have to use Odin or mobile Odin to flash them in, and stick to version 0.1.0 for now as they are working out bugs on the newer versions (you can always upgrade to them later)

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...very-source-jb-jb-kernels-agats-recovery.html

Thanks for the link. On the kernals page, do I have to use a particular kernal?? I am on the GC01 rom, but last night I used a sprint modem. Does that mean I have to use a sprint kernal then??
Also, if I do it through Odin, do I do it the same way I did the modem, with downloading the file, opening Odin, putting my phone into download mode, ......

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link. On the kernals page, do I have to use a particular kernal?? I am on the GC01 rom, but last night I used a sprint modem. Does that mean I have to use a sprint kernal then??
Also, if I do it through Odin, do I do it the same way I did the modem, with downloading the file, opening Odin, putting my phone into download mode, ......

You can use the GC01 kernel the modems are the same really so it doesn't matter that you have the GB27 one (the build number is just when it was compiled and GB27 was on Feb 27 vs Mar 01 for GC01).

Yeah for PC Odin you put the phone in download mode, or if already rooted you can get Mobile Odin Pro and do the kernel flash through that (that is the way I did it).

Upvote 0
You can use the GC01 kernel the modems are the same really so it doesn't matter that you have the GB27 one (the build number is just when it was compiled and GB27 was on Feb 27 vs Mar 01 for GC01).

Yeah for PC Odin you put the phone in download mode, or if already rooted you can get Mobile Odin Pro and do the kernel flash through that (that is the way I did it).

I have mobile Odin, do I just move the file to my phone and run mobile Odin then? I am rooted.

Upvote 0
Then just put the file on your phone and use mobile Odin to flash it.

Ok, I put it on my internal memory (the tar file), then used mobile odin and clicked on kernal, it immediatly rebooted. Didn't know for sure if it took so I went under settings about phone and it says gc01 v0.1.0.
I long pressed the power button (usually that will take me to reboot into recovery) but when I did it, there is no option for recovery. How do I get into recovery??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones